Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2014, 02:54 AM   #1

Flash Sigma EF 500 ST

Hi guys!! I just got my K50 and I barely know how to use it yet. I've been offered this flash for half price of a new one. I was thinking to buy the Yonguno yn560ii but I rad some bad reviews about that one working on Pentax dsrl.
Do you think this Sigma is a good start?

Flash Sigma EF 500 ST

06-03-2014, 03:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have had that flash now for several years - even at half price it would be too expensive imho.
It works as expected if you have the dedicated Pentax version. It is quite basic however and mine has had reliability issues being unable to turn off without removing the batteries. Has come good again now.
For the money I think you could do better.
06-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Go with the Yonguno. Really hard to complain about it for the price and functionality.
06-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by halfspin Quote
Go with the Yonguno. Really hard to complain about it for the price and functionality.
But if I'm not wrong. The Yonguno will only work on it's manual mode, because it is a pttl flash. Right?

---------- Post added 06-03-14 at 10:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
I have had that flash now for several years - even at half price it would be too expensive imho.
It works as expected if you have the dedicated Pentax version. It is quite basic however and mine has had reliability issues being unable to turn off without removing the batteries. Has come good again now.
For the money I think you could do better.
Thank you! Good to know that!!