Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
So it is ok to besmearch their customer service?
I stand by what I wrote. I posted a point by point caution to assist future customers in forming their expectations. With realistic expectations the customer will be neither disappointed nor surprised.

I have reviewed the original post and don't see where I besmirched (to sully, soil, or muddy) their customer service beyond the facts. The possible exception might be in the area of product transparency. Since my discussions with them they have added an additional page to their Web site detailing the behavior of the line etching at various apertures. That page (LINK) has information that might be interpreted to indicate potential metering issues.

For what it's worth, I continue to refer members here to focusingscreen.com, but with the cautions noted in the original post.

Steve

BTW...I eventually sold the screen to a forum member for $38 including shipping for use on a K-5. I made full disclosure of the problems I had with the K-3 and have not heard back since. I hope it worked well for them.

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-15-2015 at 11:25 PM.
04-15-2015, 11:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KatzEye
04-16-2015, 01:08 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Well, that's a good bit of news.
04-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #19
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Steve, thanks for your advisory. More than a few of us have been casting around for a replacement focusing screen supplier since Katzeye went under, so this is timely information.

Personally, I didn't read your first post as "besmirching" or in any way denigrating the product or company, but pointing out your own unsatisfactory experience, as well as a few potential pitfalls. Your behaviour in the Forum has been one of moderation and tolerance over a long time, so I take your comments seriously, and so should the company involved.

I agree! It's nice to be aware of some points that might make a consumer unhappy. Steve's post was very respectful, and complimentary of the product itself.

04-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good to know, since Katzeye has not yet reopened.