Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Inexpensive k5 battery grip.

Recently got this for 47 bucks.

Amazon.com : DSTE D-BG4 DBG4 Battery grip For Pentax K-7 K-5 K7 K5 SLR Camera : Digital Camera Battery Grips : Camera & Photo

Everything seems to work on it OK. Finish on it perfectly matches the K5. The feel of the on/off switch is a little bit different than the camera switch but no big deal.
Mainly got it for tripod mount when doing birds. Wanted the extra battery backup and a comfortable way to shot vertical on the tripod. Has exactly the same functions as the OEM one.
Anyway seems to get the job done and I have no complaints - recommended.

Last edited by wildman; 06-16-2014 at 03:25 AM.
06-09-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I bought a cheap BOWER grip for the K-7 at one point. The rubbers started to peel off, the print on the AF button wore off, the On/Off rotator got lose and then the battery was not longer detected (or AAs in the holder)
I haven't bothered since. Hope you have better luck though..
06-10-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This one's worked well for me. Might be the same grip - same price after shipping. No weather seals and slightly cheaper plastic, but an exact looking clone and the battery trays are interchangeable with the real Pentax one (I have one of each - one on my K-5 and one on the K-5 IIs). Don't ask me why there are two part numbers here now - I believe there was only one when I bought mine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTM...=-1&isNodeId=1
06-10-2014, 04:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Hope you have better luck though..
Time will tell...