Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #1

lensbabies?

I was at my local camera store and I asked a question I had been wondering about for sometime. What the hell is a lensbaby?

I thought it was something to protect an important lens, like a redefined pouch or something. I was blown away by what I did find.. I really cannot describe what they are. Per lensbabies.com they are "selective focus slr lenses" ... go to Lensbabies >>> Selective Focus SLR camera lenses to find out more info... AND they are made in a Pentax mount! I think this would be a fun item to play with over the summer. AND they are reasonably priced... Anyone have one?

Last edited by madisonphotogrl; 05-04-2008 at 07:09 AM.
05-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
They have been around for a few years. I believe they are up to a 3rd generation with new models for wide angle and telephoto effects. They look like a lot of fun and I am tempted each time I see some of the results.

Once you get familiar with it please share a few shots.
05-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I haven't ordered yet but it is something I have been looking at - Few months away for me but I am looking forward to trying these out.

DEVS
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by madisonphotogrl Quote
I was at my local camera store and I asked a question I had been wondering about for sometime. What the hell is a lensbaby?

I thought it was something to protect an important lens, like a redefined pouch or something. I was blown away by what I did find.. I really cannot describe what they are. Per lensbabies.com they are "selective focus slr lenses" ... go to Lensbabies >>> Selective Focus SLR camera lenses to find out more info... AND they are made in a Pentax mount! I think this would be a fun item to play with over the summer. AND they are reasonably priced... Anyone have one?
There's a thread already started with examples here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/22731-lensbabies.html

And yes, it is a very fun lens to use; I highly recommend getting one.

Mike