Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Carrying case for F/FA primes similar to DA limited lens case?

I am trying to find out if such a thing exists-- I want a carrying case for my F 28, FA 35, and FA 50 lenses, and maybe also the D FA 100 WR. These lenses (with their hoods reversed or attached) cannot fit in my DA Limited Lens Case 2. When I travel, I like to pack a small camera holster bag and the DA Limited Lens Case 2. But then my FA 35/50 and F28 get left behind at home! Is there any carrying case out there that could possibly work for my scenario? Any suggestions are welcome, thank you!

PS, this is my DA limited lens case 2 below. Nice and compact and well padded and protected. I can fit my FA 43 in there too!

Last edited by seventysixersfan; 07-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
07-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hmmm, I donīt know about a case but hereīs a thought for your limiteds: Why mess with the front caps with such nice case? Iīd leave all the caps at home. All the limiteds have great hoods that provide enough protection added to the dividing pads... Perhaps even leave the rear caps too...
07-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
hmmm, I donīt know about a case but hereīs a thought for your limiteds: Why mess with the front caps with such nice case? Iīd leave all the caps at home. All the limiteds have great hoods that provide enough protection added to the dividing pads... Perhaps even leave the rear caps too...
Interesting idea, thanks. I've considered buying those double lens mount caps that let you lock two lenses together. I don't know if I did that it would still fit in the DA limited lens case, but I think it might...
OP/TECH USA Double Lens Mount Cap for Pentax Lenses 1101251 B&H

This Op/Tech "Accessory Pack" may be the closest thing to what I'm looking for-- I'm pretty sure it will hold my FA primes, although I'm not sure how sturdy and padded it is.

OP/TECH USA 8" Accessory Pack 4901002 B&H Photo Video
07-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have all of my lenses that do not come with a case protected in drawstring neoprene bags. They are small, light, offer good padding and fit in my camera bag lens and all.

That said, I see several options for zippered cases.

Adorama Slinger Soft Lens Case Medium, Black B1011

Lens Cases | B&H Photo Video

Amazon.com: zippered lens case

07-01-2014, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
I have all of my lenses that do not come with a case protected in drawstring neoprene bags. They are small, light, offer good padding and fit in my camera bag lens and all. That said, I see several options for zippered cases. Adorama Slinger Soft Lens Case Medium, Black B1011 Lens Cases | B&H Photo Video Amazon.com: zippered lens case
Thanks, Jim. Actually, my lenses are all currently in individual zippered cases or in the official Pentax bags that they came with. I'm looking for a particular case that can hold multiple lenses at once, similar to the DA Limited Lens case that I showed in my original posting. I did look through those links you provided and couldn't see any that really fit my need. It's really just a convenience thing-- when I am packing for a trip, it's just easier for me to stuff the DA limited lens case in my backpack, along with my DSLR in its small holster case. I'd rather not have several individual lens cases just floating around inside the bag. I'm being very picky, I know, and the more I search into this, the more I'm finding out how truly unique the DA Limited Lens case is! The closest thing I found is the LensBaby System Bag, but apparently this only holds LensBaby equipment and not regular DSLR lenses.

Lensbaby System Bag for Combinations of Lenses, Optics and LBSB

---------- Post added 07-01-14 at 04:20 PM ----------

And by the power of Google Image Search, I think I might have found what I'm looking for! As I mentioned a few posts ago, the Op/Tech 8" Accessory Pack looked very promising for my needs-- and it turns out that a Pentaxian in the United Kingdom is in fact using it to carry DA limiteds AND FA prime lenses:
WTB Pentax ltd lens case

07-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The lensbaby is a good option, but the pentax case is nicer. The pentax can carry the 43, 50, and the 77. It actually could carry the 31mm too but it's a tight fit.

Lensbaby does NOT just carry lensbaby stuff. If someone wants the lensbaby one, pm me. I just don't have enough lenses any more for all the cases.

That optech setup looks nice too.
07-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
The lensbaby is a good option, but the pentax case is nicer. The pentax can carry the 43, 50, and the 77. It actually could carry the 31mm too but it's a tight fit. Lensbaby does NOT just carry lensbaby stuff. If someone wants the lensbaby one, pm me. I just don't have enough lenses any more for all the cases. That optech setup looks nice too.
That's great to know about the Lensbaby case. I guess Pentax primes are smaller and have a better chance of fitting in there!

Hmm, I tried to put my FA 50 in my DA Limited Lens Case and it wouldn't quite fit right. Perhaps it's the lens hood I'm using that is making it a bit too big to fit. I'll have to toy around with it.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help with this!

07-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

If it is the lens hood, can you use step-down adapter for lens hood? -> Linky.