Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Waterproof cover for Pentax on belt/shoulder strap

I mount my K-50 on my belt and rucksack straps using a Pro Capture by Peak Design but would like to cover it with a small waterproof bag of some kind.

Can anyone recommend a small waterproof cover that is just bigger than the camera that would attach by either drawstring or elastic cord/band?
I want the camera to have the cover over it while out and about on my hip or shoulder strap but something that's lightweight and easy to take on and off quickly.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

07-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #2

I am using the Case Logic Day Holster with my K200D. I don't know how waterproof it is but it has protected mine from some rain going between the building and the car. It's also really nice in that it keeps my camera from getting banged around while on my side. The only downfall to it is that the little tether that attaches to the strap is on the left side. That is fine if your using a neck strap but I just picked up a sling strap and have it attached to the left side attachment point so the case hangs right next to the camera. I'm going to solve that though by sewing a little tether strap on the right side. I have the medium size and it's big enough for my K200D with a Sigma 28-80 with the hood attached. Plus there is a little pocket inside for the lens cap.

01-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by matt_not_andrew Quote
I mount my K-50 on my belt and rucksack straps using a Pro Capture by Peak Design but would like to cover it with a small waterproof bag of some kind.

Can anyone recommend a small waterproof cover that is just bigger than the camera that would attach by either drawstring or elastic cord/band?
I want the camera to have the cover over it while out and about on my hip or shoulder strap but something that's lightweight and easy to take on and off quickly.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Peak Design themselves are bringing out a rain cover that is compatible with their capture clip systems it's called SHELL https://www.peakdesign.com/store/?
01-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A large bicycle seat waterproof cover might work.

01-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I know you are looking for a specific answer to a question, but if you look at the Think Tank Camera holsters (Digital Holster 40 v.2) it has many features - including a rain cover.

Digital Holster 40 V2.0

I use them exclusively and going to the "Bat Belt" system was one of the best decisions I ever made when it came to rapid access to my camera and gear.

The zippers, construction and little features of these holsters are truly wonderful.
They are in a class by themselves when compared to other holsters that are out there.

I wish I could explain the feeling of the zippers, how the fold out design, the pockets that are elastic and not, the lens cap pocket, the D rings...these puppies have so many features!

Far superior to a back-pack based solution.
01-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What about something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Stuff-Drawstring-Perfect-Camping-Gadgets/dp/B00ITEBRJC...all+nylon+bags