Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
I won something...

So I went to a Tamron "roadshow" at my local camera store tonight, because they had a pro (who shot w/ Tamron, although I only have Pentax lenses) talking about techniques for better composition.

Anyways, they had a prize drawing at the end of the night, and I won (I never win ANYTHING) a Rogue Safari Pop-Up Flash Booster. Does anyone here have any experience with these things??

As far as I can tell from a quick search online, it seems targeted towards a) birders, b) DSLR users with a superzoom lens that take pictures of their kids from 60 feet away in a dark setting, or c) someone actually going on a safari. It says for Nikon & Canon APS-C DSLRs, but who knows maybe it works for Pentax too - if not, I'll probably just sell it

07-11-2014, 09:38 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like a Better Beamer used on flashes to concentrate the beam for distance. The BB I imagine would be far superior by having the benefit of using a flash that is more powerful to start with. Still, you won it - congratulations!
07-12-2014, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/256288...-extender.html
07-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Besides the prize, how was the event?

07-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Giklab - my first google search at PF didn't turn up anything, as always PF has something very complete/informative on the product!!

Ramseybuckeye - the event was actually very good, it started off very basic but then progressed to a lot of interesting topics and ideas for new shots that I generally wouldn't have thought of. If you're interested in going it looks like there are four stops in OH through mid-late August (see Tamron Tailgate Tour - BTW it was the "10 steps to epic images" event). One of the other prizes was a rain hood for Canikon cameras....I almost laughed out loud and thought of my response..."that's ok I don't need it, I shoot Pentax"...haha

Last edited by slipdm16; 07-12-2014 at 08:06 AM.
07-12-2014, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now you can't say you never win anything.