Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Need help to identify a leaf spring in AF200SA flash

I had taken the batteries out of an AF200SA flash. When I went to reinstall them, I couldn't pull out the cover. Well, you aren't supposed to - you pull it a little bit and then it pops up - but only if you have batteries in there to begin with!

Before I learned this, I figured I could undo a couple of screws, pop the case open, and figure out what to do next. When I did that, I realized that the cover was supposed to pop up. In the process of putting it back together, I discovered a little leaf spring had fallen out from somewhere. I have no idea from where.

Attached are a couple of pictures (the overall length is a bit more than an inch). (Pictures taken with my Canon G15 - a very nice little camera, and a lot easier for a couple of quick macro shots than unlimbering my K3 and attaching the macro lens!)

Does anybody know what this is supposed to do and where it "lives"? If you've got one of these, maybe you can pop up the battery cover and see if you see anything like this.

THANKS! Dave

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G15  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G15  Photo 

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af200sa, batteries, bit, couple, cover, flash, leaf, macro, pictures, pop, tripod