Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My new favorite piece of kit for roaming "the naked city"...

Walked around downtown Los Angeles tonight with my Cononet QL17 tucked into one pocket, the flash and an extra roll of Tri-X in another, cell phone in another, and wallet in yet another (I don't carry my wallet in my trouser pocket when roaming any city, ymmv). I think I may have the local tailor sew in a zippered waist pocket in the back just to make it extra perfect.

I was in the Army Reserve while in college so I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It's not the field jacket, it's the blouse, so it is perfect for summer. It's light weight and the khaki keeps the sun at bay but it also keeps the chill off after sundown. Each pocket has two buttons and a sizable flap to keep everything secure. The blouse sizing is about one size larger than normal. It's also an attractive piece of wardrobe even whilst being unobtrusive.

The Canonet had plenty of room but I don't think anything larger would be advisable. The MX-1 will fit very nicely but for you Q users it will be quite a treat. Q users can expect to be able to carry a body with lens attached in addition to a couple of other lenses and a Color Checker Passport or small white balance card set. Add light weight cargo pants and take along your Ultrapod II.

Attached Images

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 07-19-2014 at 12:22 AM.
07-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm always less than chuffed when a link for finding something isn't posted:

Khaki Ripstop BDU Blouse
07-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

A little too Nehru jacket for my liking
07-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Most military BDU's look about the same; I never realized the resemblance to a Nehru jacket. I got rid of my uniforms when I was no longer required to keep them for IRR but this is pretty close to the what I recall.