Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The problem is that my camera is usually on a wrist strap or BlackRapid strap and likely to be hanging by my side. I never use a neck strap.

Last edited by p38arover; 07-31-2014 at 02:45 PM.
07-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never use neck straps either, I hold my camera in my hand* all the time when it isn't in my camera bag.

* I do admit for very heavy long lens combinations cameras will spend most of their time on a tripod or monopod.
08-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
The problem is that my camera is usually on a wrist strap or BlackRapid strap and likely to be hanging by my side. I never use a neck strap.
I had my OGPS1 hanging upside down from a BR strap whilst hiking around West McDonnell, Kings Canyon, Kata Tjuta, Uluru back in June.
It fits pretty firmly in the hotshoe with the little locking thing slid across, I had no worries at all about IT falling off. I was more concerned about my own footing close to the edges of those cliffs esp in Kings Canyon.

One thing I noticed though with hanging it upside down is that sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to re-acquire the (multiple) satellites needed for 3D positioning when bringing it up to shooting orientation.