Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Done! I just received an used CPL from ebay. The Quantary CPL has flipped glass, and the Hoya one is unaltered. The step-up ring and larger filters prevent vignetting.

100% Crop of a shot of the sun. Notice the bluish tone --- the whole ND filter looks blue at its dimmest setting. Is that because of UV rays??

A test shot of flowers. With my A50/1.7 at f/2.0, I could never use the in-camera flash to reduce contrast, because slow-sync limited the shutter speed to 1/180s.

Same settings, with my homemade variable ND filter. White balance is fixed at "flash" in both shots.

I own the Hoya CPL already. For a 3 dollars extra, I got a variable ND filter! The results are a bit bluish, but that can be fixed easily in Lightroom when I shoot in raw format.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
control, cpl, filter, filters, light, nd, plane, polarizer, system, tripod, variable