Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
Here is how I roll in the field (note the dual Peak Design clips):

I'm definitely in love these days with the DA* 60-250mm. If I had only one lens to take anywhere, this would be it. And since it is attached to a Pentax K-3 I would take that too.

---------- Post added 09-20-14 at 05:22 PM ----------

the dividers came with each OpTech USA Accessory Packs. Since I own several, it was no problem "moving them around" to fit the occasion.
What is that belt? I have the Peak design stuff, like them very much but am looking for a decent belt.

02-15-2015, 07:19 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Mine came in the mail today. I managed to stuff about 6 lenses in there and I could not believe how incredibly light the bag was. Of course I didn't put a 200mm or 300mm in there just some primes and my 16-45mm zoom, but it still feels much lighter than the current bag I was using, plus it keeps my lenses safe from scratching. The only thing I worry about is if I forget to zip up the zippers, that would be a complete disaster.
Take a picture of your setup!

Michael

---------- Post added 02-15-15 at 09:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
What is that belt? I have the Peak design stuff, like them very much but am looking for a decent belt.
That's just the standard (not very fancy) belt that comes with my backpack (not shown of course).

Michael
02-18-2015, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #33
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got mine! It's not packed as impressively as Michael's; but I'm very happy with it. I have an extra battery, charger, cord at the top of the picture. Then I have the remote. Bottom of picture is my ring light! Nice to keep my accessories in one easy-to-grab bag!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
02-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Michael

Clik Elite has a similar bag you might be interested in. The dimensions are very close.

Traveler

02-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Clik Elite has a similar bag you might be interested in. The dimensions are very close.

Traveler
Yes the height and width are nearly the same with the depth being almost exactly twice as deep. Might make for a nice companion...

Michael
02-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Michael

I use the Clik elite Compact Sport bag. They are very well made bags. Like many I have used a lot of different bags and the Compact Sport is the best I have found for its size and comfort. The Traveler looks to be deep enough to hold a body. Pentax used to have a small lens case just for the three original DA LTDs which they no longer offer and which I wish I had gotten when they did. Oh wait I just checked they are still producing it. DA Limited Lens Case I have to say I like the fact that the Op Tech bags are made in the USA. As you have demonstrated they are very functional.

I took a look at your flickr site. Excellent work. I am smitten with your daughter. She is very beautiful.
02-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #37
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
I like the fact that the Op Tech bags are made in the USA.
Yes indeed. They are made right here in Montana! Calling OpTech you get a "real" person answering the phone, not robot bob! Very nice people that are very accomodating. I have several of their products, and love them!

02-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Mine is starting to tear around the inside pockets of the Top flap. Maybe I can use some tape to fix it.
02-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #39
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How old is it? If it's fairly new; perhaps contact OpTech.