Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I just use two straps when I have to do this. I keep on camera on cross body on a strap and put one around my neck or in my bag and switch off. That's it.
Yup. If this is not going to be a regular thing, just use two straps. Make the one that you are likely to use more often much shorter so it is always at hand.

09-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When I shoot an all-day music festival I can be on my feet for twelve hours and take 3000 shots or more. The BlackRapid double sling is fantastic - K-5 IIs + DA*16-50 on the left hip, K-3 + DA*50-135 on the right. I keep the straps reasonably short so I can run with my arms to the side resting over the lens barrels. It is comfortable enough that I can happily have the K-01 + DA10-17 around my neck as well. A LowePro S&F technical belt with a few sundries and a couple of fast primes and the kit is complete.
09-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I have been looking at the lowepro aw 200 bag. you can carry two bodies with lens attach.
09-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rick pafford Quote
the lowepro aw 200
Which one? There's the Photo Sport 200 AW, Slingshot AW 200, Vertex 200 AW, Pro Messenger 200 AW, and several more ....

FWIW, two bodies with lens attached (even big lenses - 70-200 and a 300mm) fit OK in my Lowepro Flipside 300 or Flipside 400 AW.

09-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A cheap and simple alternative two body solution, if I am using a backpack or a Lowepro harness, is to clip a big carabiner onto each shoulder strap of the backpack or harness, and then clip the camera neck strap (shortened if need be) of each camera body onto one of the carabiners. This keeps both cameras at hand, stops them flopping around too much when I move about, and stops them dragging along the ground when I crouch down.
I recommend using 2 carabiners on each side with the openings facing opposite directions (1 away from your body, one towards your body). I might seem stupid, but trust me, you'll know why after you dropped a camera

If i'm not using a backpack, I mostly just hang my second camera diagonally (right shoulder to left hip) and my main camera on my right shoulder. If I need to move quick I tend to lock them together with a carabiner behind my back to make sure none slips away (definitely when using a third camera).
As a side-note, I prefer to use the slim old-school straps or make my own from prusik rope if I want a different lenght

(For those wondering about the 3 cam's: 1 digital with a fast lens, 1 digital with flash and 1 analogue camera with b/w-film )
10-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's input on this!

I went with the BlackRapid RSD-1BB Double. Used it all day long without any problems and no weight issues on my shoulders. This strap will also separate into a single strap also.
10-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I have the Cotton Carrier and love it. Since I have arthritis in my upper spine and neck, I need a setup that keeps anything from hanging off my neck as the pain can kick in quickly with even a single camera. The other thing I like about the Cotton Carrier is the cameras are secure. They aren't swinging around and bumping into things, very important if you are walking of hiking with a camera. It's secure but also handy the instant you need it. The Cotton Carrier is suitable for skiing, hiking, kayaking, motorcycle riding, or just about any activity where you might want your camera along and handy.