Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I can't remember where I read this but it was suggested (and I tried it successfully) to fill the little hole with white carpenters glue. Now I'm not saying you should, that's your choice and a little tape might be fine as well. But carpenters glue if carefully put only in the hole (I used a sharp tooth pick with a small drop on the tip) fills the hole and since it doesn't stick to the plastic very well, is easily removed if needed.
...there goes the weight savings benefit of removing the pin.

05-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sprags Quote
I got an extra battery for the camera. I have a dozen or so rechargeable AA batteries that I got for my now retired Canon P&S.
You will need more chargers, no doubt. (I just bought 2 more - [different kinds] and one has a car adapter for on the road...:-(
05-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
...shoot...now i see there are more people with 540 problems. Should I have gotten the Metz 58 instead? Or are these problems few and far between in reality?