Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Cleaning Kenko CPL problem

Filter is 52mm Kenko Pro1D CPL-Wide and I feel hopeless about cleaning this filter. I have tryed everything I know about cleaning filters and lenses...but still this Kenko looks like getting more dirty when try to clean it. If u have this filter and U know how to clean it, pls share ur knowledge with me cos I really like results with this cpl so I want to keep using it. Tnx

10-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got a Soligor one (my great Marumi one is lost somewhere) that is the same. It got like a haze that looks and behaves like fat or something but I haven't been able to get rid of it, just shuffle it around.
10-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sounds similar yes, dirt/fat/oil/? is only moving around when cleaning but newer get away from glass...
10-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joojoo2010 Quote
Sounds similar yes, dirt/fat/oil/? is only moving around when cleaning but newer get away from glass...
Quite funny how I've ever seen this on my cheap Soligor C-PL and searching the net shows that C-PL often seem to be "impossible" to clean due to the smudgy coat they develop over time.

Cleaning a Hoya polarizer: Mission impossible? - Photo.net Accessories - Filters, Bags, Tripods Forum

10-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The micro fibre cloths do get oily very quickly just from your fingers.
You can wash your old one in the washing machine or hand wash and it will work again.
It's worth having several cloths.

Also, I found the best filter cleaner if the micro fibre cloth doesn't work by itself is some foaming eye glasses cleaner that my wife uses on her glasses. I used it so often, she's now let me have my own bottle... :-)
Go to an optometrist and ask what cleaning sprays they have and pick up some new cloths at the same time.
10-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Lighter fluid, then lens cleaner. Oil and grease is not soluble in alcohol based cleaners.