Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Forum Member

JM Smarter Viewer

Have any of you heard of a product called the Digifinder.pro Tiltall Professional JM Smarter Viewer? I am looking for an LCD viewfinder for my K-3 to use for videos and to check my images when out in the sunlight. I would like to find something that is decent quality, but under $100 if possible. These are $50 on Amazon. I also want something that I can use with the battery grip mounted. What looks interesting about the JM Smarter Viewer is that it was designed in Germany, and it looks like it packs up nicely for the camera bag. It also looks like you can easily attach and detach the init from the camera. I have not seen any reviews of it, so I am leary of buying it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Joe Dusel; 10-06-2014 at 04:44 PM.
10-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Okay, the product looked good, so I bought one anyway. The viewer is nicely made and works pretty well. It fits the screen for the K-3 perfectly. There is a thin plastic frame that attaches to the back of the camera with two sticky strips. You just peel the backing from the frame and press it on. They recommend that you wait 5 minutes for the adhesive to bond properly. The view finder attaches and detaches very quickly and easily. There are little plastic tabs that hold it securely in place while you are using it. It also comes with a lanyard, so if you are just wanting to check shots while you are out shooting in the sunlight it is there when you need it. It also comes with a very comfortable and removable video eye-cup. The only negative I see is that diopter adjustment is by moving the eyepiece in and out instead of with a wheel that you turn. The unit I bought is a 3.2" and a 4:3 orientation.