Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #1

Kenko APS Auto Teleplus teleconverter

Dear all,
I would like to know if someone has the instructions for the teleconverter I wrote in the title. I have it, as well as the instructions, but since it's my father's and it's been stored for years and years in a drawer in the veranda, the booklet remains folded and stuck for the humidity.
I've tried to open it up, but I've stopped because it gets ruined. I wrote Kenko for asking and I'm waiting for an answer, but in the meanwhile if any of you has it and can supply a scan of the booklet, I would be very, very thankful.
I'm little anal about keeping everything in very good or perfect conditions, so I can have a scan of the booklet and keep the paper one in the box.
Thank you very much,

11-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hope this helps. Attach the extender to the camera and the lens to the extender. If you have all the contacts, AF and Auto Exposure can be used. If 1 contact Auto Exposure may be used. And if no contacts you will have to use the Manual Mode. Good luck. Just remember that you lose an f stop and it works best with prime lenses.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
11-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
Le0

Original Poster
Thanks for your help but I know how to use a teleconverter (I have two). I only look for the instructions to have it complete.
The ones I have, have the problem I wrote above.
Thank you.
11-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Le0 Quote
Thanks for your help but I know how to use a teleconverter (I have two). I only look for the instructions to have it complete.
The ones I have, have the problem I wrote above.
Thank you.
I tried a search on google, but I don't think it will be easy to find such a thing, if it's even available...
It's a really niche product, it's not even a lens.
On their site there's only the manuals for the meters and a couple of compatibility tables for the converters (bet you've already looked at those):
http://www.kenkoglobal.com/support/download.html

I have a Kenko 7-elements Macro Teleplus converter, but it doesn't have any contacts, just the aperture lever, so operation is really simple.