Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Any Aussies used a DSLR Lightning (trigger) with a K-3

DSLR Lightning Trigger | IceInSpace Shop

If so what cable or jack connecter needed an eBay link etc really appreciated.
Thanks in advance

11-13-2014, 04:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sorver Quote
DSLR Lightning Trigger | IceInSpace Shop

If so what cable or jack connecter needed an eBay link etc really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Had a reply from the seller/maker believes the cable will fit I hope he is right i willletyou know 😜I bought one. It seems my LBA has turned into a ABA (accessory buying addiction). Mmm flu card and lightning trigger this week. Eeeeeek.
11-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,
I have an AEO MT-Pro 4.0 that I used the other night on my K3. It connects with the same cable that also suits some Canon cameras.
Regards.
11-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Hi,
I have an AEO MT-Pro 4.0 that I used the other night on my K3. It connects with the same cable that also suits some Canon cameras.
Regards.
Thanks Gordon much appreciated let's hope the weather brings on some shows for us sigh if not will settle for fireworks.

11-14-2014, 05:07 AM   #5

keen to know how you get on. we had an awesome storm down here (melb) a few weeks ago. would have been worthwhile.
11-15-2014, 03:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by psyolent Quote
keen to know how you get on. we had an awesome storm down here (melb) a few weeks ago. would have been worthwhile.
The thing that appealed to me is Aussie made by an Astronomy photographer have read really good reviews on other sights about it. Must admit we had a ripper here on Tuesday Night in Toowoomba Qld so it got me motivated. The guy is lovely to talk to as well awesome customer service so far 😀 as soon as I get a chance either fireworks or storms I will stick them up for critique and let you know how I went. Found one in USA and nearly $400 US dollars but must say it looked awesome. For $100 I think this one will do the trick nicely. I know you can get them much cheaper but I hear the quality somewhat dwindles so we will see
11-16-2014, 02:09 AM   #7

i thought 100AU was pretty reasonable.
funny weather must have heard me ; it started rumbling last night but no lightning to speak of
be keen to see some of your images post the next firework show or storm

11-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i thought 100AU was pretty reasonable.
funny weather must have heard me ; it started rumbling last night but no lightning to speak of
be keen to see some of your images post the next firework show or storm
I have seen them for as little as $20 on eBay but then you have to buy the cable so....... But as I said happy to buy Aussie made where I can if available and I don't think $100 is too bad either 😀
11-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi gang the trigger arrived today and true to word the cable works fine👍have mucked around somewhat and the trigger seems to be super sensitive to light just what you need for this sort of thing 😜 so now praying the clouds that are building up are leading to a spectacular light show so I can share some with you. Btw the rain cover sent with it is a real beauty.
11-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking forward to seeing how this works for you, as I'm interested in getting one!
11-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Looking forward to seeing how this works for you, as I'm interested in getting one!
Very happy for my first try with it. Had some hits and misses but walked away with a shot I am happy with unlike last time when I had a go without it 😀
11-19-2014, 02:51 AM   #12

my mates idea to taking lightning stuff. do it manually.
"Way I do it- use human eyes... put on 30second .. if lightning- put on lens cap"
he took this on a Sigma SD1
11-19-2014, 04:18 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
my mates idea to taking lightning stuff. do it manually.
"Way I do it- use human eyes... put on 30second .. if lightning- put on lens cap"
he took this on a Sigma SD1
Looks lovely but I was very unsuccessful last time I tried it that way I reackon practice probably makes perfect doing it that way.
11-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #14
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sover, I'm very impressed with your first try with this! That's a beauty!
11-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Sover, I'm very impressed with your first try with this! That's a beauty!
Thank you I was pretty excited hopefully not a fluke and plenty more to come 😜