Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Yongnuo YN-560IV

Look like there is a new model out that does master function.
More here.

Attached Images

11-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yep, they presented it at Photokina...
I posted a thread on dpreview a while back asking if someone was excited, and the response was not all that enthusiastic...
As far as this model is concerned, I'd like to see how the master interface compares to a (dedicated) 560TX, which is only 45 Euros or so. I believe it's on one line of text only, so I'd like to check usability...
Still no TTL for Pentax...
11-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Yep, they presented it at Photokina...
Yes I thought it was new since it was not showing yesterday when I purchased a couple of the YN-560III along with a 560-TX. I can see where you are coming from re the interface comparison -
Attached Images

11-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
Yes I thought it was new since it was not showing yesterday when I purchased a couple of the YN-560III along with a 560-TX. I can see where you are coming from re the interface comparison -
I mean... if you're working with a setup involving off-camera flash, then it makes sense not to use any on-camera... why would you want a generic ceiling bounce when you can position each and every one as you like?
I would personally go with MkIIIs and a TX on the hotshoe, maybe there are situations in which you can use one on the hotshoe and one off, but I can't see much appeal there.
So, while I like the Yongnuo product line and the direction they're taking, this one might not be for me (except if price is real close to MkIII).

11-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
Have a look at this from the other day.
Interesting take on the YN-560iv by "Lens Beginner"
Thanks but... wrong thread?
I would have said it in the comments of the"like", but my cellphone won't let me.
11-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Thanks but... wrong thread?
Thanks, fixed