Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
...even though old-school bags can get the job done, there is a reason the market moved away from them.
This isn't a "old school vs new school" problem. It's a "primes vs large lens" problem. I'm not doing street shooting, so I don't really care about whether it looks like a camera bag or not. A messenger bag isn't a great solution for me. What I really need is a taller Domke, I think.

11-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Great bag for transporting gear, though.
Yes, I agree on that.

And though I was not really thinking I needed a new bag until you started this post, I have decided it is time to move into the modern world.

I currently have a Lowepro sling bag that I use when shooting and carrying so that is covered.

I want to replace my current 'old style' Tamrac with a larger version that will actually accommodate my current gear. This would NOT be a walking around bag, just transport to location or even leave in the car. I usually fill the sling bag from the transport bag so I just carry what I know I will need on a particular stop or hike.

And I want to replace my current lap top bag with a messenger style bag that will accommodate a small laptop / tablet and an abbreviated list of camera gear for airplane travel.

So thanks to TaoMaas I am now in the market for TWO bags. But it is something long overdue, my gear list has changed dramatically from a two zoom film kit and the bags have not changed. The Tamrac is at least 30 years old so I think I got my money's worth . Amazingly it still looks almost new and is still fully functional, just too small. I think I will re-purpose it to hold my macro kit.
04-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the perfect bag for you: Think Tank Speed Racer .... found one below 90$ CAD on Amazon a couple of weeks ago (Think Tank Speed Racer V2.0 Waist Pack: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo), It accommodates the K-3+ Grip + DA300 + HDTC mounted (no hood though).
Very practical with the hips belt + regular strap...

Love it !
05-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
I have the perfect bag for you: Think Tank Speed Racer .... found one below 90$ CAD on Amazon a couple of weeks ago (Think Tank Speed Racer V2.0 Waist Pack: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo),
Sorry for hijacking your thread, TaoMaas, but I'm also looking for a bag to accomodate my K30 + Sigma 70-300, no hood, and perhaps later a TC. That one you posted Weevil says "currently not available." So I thought this thread would give me some ideas, but unfortunately the funds don't allow me to buy something for over $100. So I'll keep looking. Back to you, TaoMaas.

05-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Sorry for hijacking your thread, TaoMaas, but I'm also looking for a bag to accomodate my K30 + Sigma 70-300, no hood, and perhaps later a TC. That one you posted Weevil says "currently not available." So I thought this thread would give me some ideas, but unfortunately the funds don't allow me to buy something for over $100.
Think Tank Digital Holsters, 20, 30 and 40 meet your description.
Digital Holsters, Holster Camera Bags - Think Tank Photo
05-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I saw those but they are not what I need or want. I need something that sits flat inside my car trunk. Like a regular camera bag. I'm not going to be carrying in on my back or hip or shoulder. Just put it in the trunk to ride there until I get where I'm going. Which usually isn't more than a mile radius from my house.
I looked at something like this but not sure if that is a camera bag in itself, or an insert to my already owned backpack.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GA6CNY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&...Q58OQWQ8&psc=1
05-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Sorry for hijacking your thread, TaoMaas, but I'm also looking for a bag to accomodate my K30 + Sigma 70-300, no hood, and perhaps later a TC. That one you posted Weevil says "currently not available." So I thought this thread would give me some ideas, but unfortunately the funds don't allow me to buy something for over $100. So I'll keep looking. Back to you, TaoMaas.
Well, actually, I just checked, and on amazon.ca, from here (in Canada), it's available a 71.10$ CAN + 20,76$ CAN shipping... I just ordered yesterday a set of TT Lens Changers to attach to the belt of this bag, for example, Lens Changer 75 Pop Down was 13,31$ CAN (instead of 50$)...

05-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I don't live in Canada. Neither does TaoMaas.
05-04-2015, 01:06 AM   #24
Pentaxian

@photolady,
try Think Tank Change Up V1, I can put my K-30+ sigma 50-150 f2.8 hood reversed with ease.

Last edited by wed7; 05-04-2015 at 01:18 AM.