Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #1

Pentax TR Power Pack III output voltage

Hello ALL,
Can someone please tell me what is the voltage output from the Pentax TR Power Pack? Since it requires 6 C cell batteries and perhaps the output to the flash would be 9VDC or more?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Cheers,
-andy

11-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It is definitely higher than 9V. More like 510V.
11-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sbc Quote
It is definitely higher than 9V. More like 510V.
Woow.. that's lot of power, in this case the cycle time for 1/1 power must be less than a second. Am I correct?
11-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have the prior version for the AF400, a handle flash, 102 watt/second; TTL with the LX. Don't confuse the voltage from the TR with shortened recycle time, that is dependent on how fast the flash capacitor recharges, which depends on what percentage of the charge was used in the prior flash, among other factors. My recycle times with the TR are only a few seconds at full power; at lower power settings it is almost instantaneously. BTW, I've heard that the only difference in the two power packs is the design of the connector to the flash unit. Just like Pentax to make an earlier unit incompatible with the latest flash.