Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #1

messenger bags

Hello.

I'm undecided about 2 messenger bags:

1) The ThinkTank Photo CITYWALKER 20

2) The Tenba DNA 11

Both are good for my stuff.

I don't like a rigid bag, I prefer it soft and flexible to conform to my body.

What do you think about quality and comfort of these two bags?

11-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Think Tank is very expensive, and I'm not a big fan of their design, although some people like them.

Tenba is nice, it was on my short list when I got my messenger bag.

However, I ended up going with the Timbuk2 snoop messenger (small, in my case, which is large enough for a camera with zoom lens, flash, 60-250, 1-2 primes and come accessories). Best bag I've ever used. It even has hooks underneath to carry a tripod, something that most other bags lack.
11-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #3

Original Poster
I live in Italy so have some problem with store where I can find the bag or shipping cost if I buy it online. On this basis, citywalker and tenba have about the same price, and Timbuk2 too.
Timbuk2 has not the rain cover right? I think is soft and flexible to conform to my body like the citywalker right? The tenba seem more rigid.
11-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have just been thinking about messenger bags! And I live near Italy I see so many great bags online, but not in stores! Shipping can be expensive, and slow. It is quite the dilemma. I am thinking of buying a camera insert online, and then a bag locally.

11-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I have the Tenba and really like it. It is great for a body and 3 lenses. Also, it carries an IPad or my 11" laptop. I highly recommend it. My backpack is a TT Streetwalker hard drive. TT makes fine stuff but expensive.
11-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by coxximo Quote
Timbuk2 has not the rain cover right?
It is weatherproof. and the top flap folds in such a way that rain will not enter from the sides.

I think is soft and flexible to conform to my body like the citywalker right?
It is somewhat flexible, yes, it will bend slightly while still protecting your gear well.

The tenba seem more rigid.
I think that's true.
12-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
pricewise I think both are around $100. even though the Tenba seems to a bit more rigid (which is a good thing for me), I prefer the looks of the Citywalker which is a bit more casual, whereas the Tenba has a more serious look.

12-05-2014, 03:43 AM   #8

Original Poster
Finally I bought a citywalker 10. Really a good bag. I saved something than the Tenba. I can put in a K-5IIs + 18-135 and 2-3 lenses additional, an ipad and other small things.
12-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #9

I live in Italy and recently purchased a cullman madrid maxima 330, that came to less than 40€ shipped from Spanish Amaz@n.
So it didn't cost me a kidney ad space wise fits the k5+17-50 (or similar) another 2 lenses (3 considering a prime) plus my 7" kindle and accessories,,it also has pockets on the sides for umbrella or water.
The tenba looks overall similar but it's a tad bigger from the specs I read.