Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2008, 03:24 AM   #1

Aquapac SLR case

has anyone used the aquapac slr case for water photography.

I'd like to be able to take photos in the water (mainly of kitesurfing). I am not talking underwater photography, just a case so that the camera can get wet and it not bother me.

The aquapac seems like a great cheap ulternative to the massively expensive underwater casing that is around. Are there any other options?

cheers
Charlie

edit: i have also found this one which looks similar: Dicapac WP-S10 SLR waterproof underwater case for film and digital SLR DSLR cameras Review

Last edited by Charlie C; 05-21-2008 at 03:32 AM.
05-21-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Not for Pentax, no, which is really a massive disadvantage for me, as I'm a bit of a scuba diver.

There're UWATEC bags, which are the same thing. I've heard good reports from a surfer who uses these to shoot in the water, just not underwater, as after about a metre down, the water pressure renders all the buttons useless.
05-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
thats all i want it for. i just want to be able to stand in waiste deep water and take photos ithout worrying about getting water or spray on the camera.
05-23-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Hey Charlie

Well today is your lucky day. I use Aquapac everyday in my watersports photography business and you can see the results here.

LazyBlueSkies Photogallery

You need to try a few things on the lens like Rainex, and good old spit to keep the water off.

These bags are just fab. My other photographers have spent £1000 on boxes and they produce results that are quite frankly no better. Do feel free to ask me if you have any questions but if you are into kitesurfing, look at my link from shooting Aaron Hadlow and Ruben Lenten a few days ago with a £70 Aquapac bag.....top results.

Do ask me any questions via chris@lazyblueskies.com if you want to know about kiting photography.

Cheers