Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #31
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I luv mine, it's on all the time, it helps me with critical manual focusing and yes I do wear glasses, so I just move my eye around the viewfinder a bit.

But hey, each to their own.

12-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #32

yup i have mine permanently on my K200D and helps when manually focusing
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by poco Quote
I like it just because it gets my nose off the back of the camera.
I got mine for the same reason and find it works great.
12-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #34

Other Eyepiece Options

I discovered today that my older eyepieces that were once used with the LX also work fine on the new digital bodies.

There is one eyepiece (type A) that has a 90 degree bend and a selector for 1x and 2x. Very handy when working on the tripod but not so much for handheld.

I also have one (type M) that is at least 2x for focus and then flips out of the way for composition.

But I am still going to get the O-EM53 for everyday use.

I sure do miss the prism/focus screen/viewfinder options that were available with on the LX. I wonder if they will ever put interchangeable prisms on the digital bodies.

12-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #35
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I doubt it, that would be to much to hope for, (action finder was the one for me).
12-13-2008, 09:40 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I doubt it, that would be to much to hope for, (action finder was the one for me).
They must have removeable prisms on other digital cameras. There was a photographer at our building taking some photos with the prism removed on a SLR and a camera in its place with a cable runnig to a computer. So he wasn't even looking through the viewfinder to compose or focus his shots. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting so I couldn't inspect his set up.
12-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm curious about this: I presume the lenses in there are permanently-attached? I'm interested in these, in part just to have an eyecup that covers better and is further back, possibly not sure if the magnification is what i want. (and maybe for the magnifier after all: it could work out great as is, after all.)

Also, anything else out there?

12-22-2008, 02:50 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I back kerrowdown's comments, I have the magnifying eyepiece ( and a split focussing screen), I wear glasses all the time, and I have no problems whatsoever.
Regarding changing the brightness, if it does, I certainly haven't noticed.
Highly recommmend the eyepiece.