Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #16

I just bought the JOBY UltraFit strap, does the additional security tether work on this strap or should I instead get the PRO strap?

12-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera Straps: UltraFit Sling Strap for Men by JOBY
they advertise the tether on the ultrafit page, so presumably that carabiner will also fit on that strap.
12-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #18

I see. Thanks.

However I will need to buy it separately. If I had bought the Pro version, it would have come with it right?

UltraFit + Tether separately costs almost the same as Pro version...

Lets see if I still have time to cancel that Amazon order....
12-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got the feeling the tether is separate for any strap order. Seems like a good idea, certainly some insurance can't hurt.

12-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #20

"In the Box" at B&H says it includes Camera Tether. Now I know for sure.
12-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks nice. I love my Black Rapid and now have a dual one too.
I've climbed mountains with just the camera on that strap and so far have not had any kind of problem besides falling on it a couple of times. That hurt my ribs more than the camera.
12-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #22

Going to buy that joby soon, women model since i m that small, plus the tether option. Even if the system is not made to be able to unscrew itself more security can't hurt.

12-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zitounae Quote
Going to buy that joby soon, women model since i m that small, plus the tether option. Even if the system is not made to be able to unscrew itself more security can't hurt.
The women model is less about a smaller size, and more a out the shape and length of the shoulder strap. It places the adjustment ring further down chest to accommodate the anatomy of the female torso.
12-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by nonstopnick Quote
The women model is less about a smaller size, and more a out the shape and length of the shoulder strap. It places the adjustment ring further down chest to accommodate the anatomy of the female torso.
Damn, make sense, thanks for the notice ! I will get this at BH and should be able to try those hopefully.
12-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I've looked at these types of straps (connection at the Tripod Mount), but what I wonder if how convenient is it when you actually want to use a tripod?

Right now I tend to favor straps connected to the two dedicated points and I have an Arca plate on the base of my camera at all times for tripod use. I see more problems and potentially wearing of the tripod mount if I'm constantly having to change between the plate and strap. I do see advantages to having straps at that point, and I'm even considered the Peak Design system as it would address the issue I question about above (at a higher cost).
12-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
The difference being that the standard neck strap has connections that won't come undone by simply unscrewing over time. A physical failure due to breakage is possible with any system. I was more concerned about something less catastrophic, like repeated moving of the camera causing the screw to loosen. I know it was a bit irrational but we all have our little phobias.
Not irrational. I had mine drop into the snow once. I made a habit of twisting it tight each time I attached the clasp.
12-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #27

I have also been thinking of getting a sling strap where the strap attaches to the camera tripod mount. I noticed two types of attachment schemes: 1) the strap fastens directly to the lug in the tripod mount; 2) the strap fastens to a small rectangular plate that is fastened to the tripod mount.

Does anyone know the pros & cons of these two different designs?

Thanks
12-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Black Rapid strap connects to a metal loop that mounts on top of my Manfrotto tripod quick release plate. I had to get one with a longer bolt so it can reach through that plate. Is that maybe what you saw? The advantage is you don;t have to take off the strap mount to put a tripod quick release plate on, they can coexist.
12-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wiseman Quote
I have also been thinking of getting a sling strap where the strap attaches to the camera tripod mount. I noticed two types of attachment schemes: 1) the strap fastens directly to the lug in the tripod mount; 2) the strap fastens to a small rectangular plate that is fastened to the tripod mount.

Does anyone know the pros & cons of these two different designs?

Thanks
If you ever want to mount the body on a tripod, you need a plate of some kind.