Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
02-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Domke F-XC for me….. holds K3, F*300 4.5, FA77, FA43, FA31, DA15 and DA21….. spare battery and some lens cleaning stuff etc.

Easy to change lenses with…..and fits in my back pack when travelling on a plane etc.
I know this thread is old, but it appeals to me right now

Usually if noelpolar likes something, well that's good enough for me. So now I'm off to purchase my 6th camera bag. A Domke F-XC. Probably in Green.

Right now my favorite camera bag would have to be the Billingham Hadley Pro. Because it's just a thing of beauty. Holds all my gear and is a joy to use. My most USED camera bag however would be the Domke F-803 only because I take that to work almost everyday. It fits my K-3 and F*300 or DA*200 along with my IPAD. It can hold one more lens too, but with the long lenses it's just easier to remove the dividers and let it ride at the bottom for easy access. I really have not been disappointed with any bag I've purchased mostly because I do extensive research before I purchase anything so I'm not blindsided by some strange anomaly. Every bag serves a purpose.

From Left to Right

1) Kata 16 DL Used for sporting events. Will hold my K-3 and F*300 along with another smaller FA or DA series lens like the FA 31.

2) Billingham Hadley Pro. This is a general purpose bag that will hold almost anything I throw in there. I use it for family gatherings.

3) Lowepro 200 AW Lens Exchange case. Ok so maybe it's not a camera bag in the true sense of the word but its great for swapping 2 lenses out including the F*300 which is a bonus.

4) Domke F-803. A fantastic all around camera bag I take to work with me everyday. Rugged and very comfortable. Highly recommend.

5) Domke 5X-B . I use this for short trips when I only need to carry the camera with an attached lens. Again, very comfortable, well built and a joy to use.

02-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #77
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Having many camera bags over the years, I've settled on 3 of my very favorites.

One on the left is a larger Tamrac Extreme series bag that holds my K3 w/55-300 lens, plus a flash & several lenses. On the outside, there is a zippered pocket that holds instruction manuals, etc. Then over that is a stretch cargo pocket for smaller items. The one on the right is also a Tamrac TravelPack. It has the same features as the Extreme, but smaller. Both have smaller pockets on the inside flap for SD cards, batteries, etc. This one I take along for a lighter load when I'm going down to the lake, etc. for photographing. Very handy. Sadly, both of these are discontinued and replaced by newer models. I'm very impressed with the Tamrac quality!

The front left is a very old LowePro bag that houses my K10. All 3 bags have movable inserts to fit your gear.

With these 3 bags, my bag obsession is at a halt.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by csa; 02-14-2016 at 01:10 PM.
02-15-2016, 04:42 AM   #78

Some of my favourites bags

I've no time for longer reply now, but there is a shortlist of my favourites bags:
* LowePro FlipSide 400AW (off far-east ebay, have no idea this is genuine or fake; for hosting K-3 with any of Pentax DA* zoom-lenses and AF-540FGZ attached to the camera body);
* LowePro Classified 160AW (for being classified);
* LowePro Stealth Reporter D400AW (I can't believe how many $$$ lenses are stealth in);
* Tamrac 3458 (for short-walk versatility);
* Canon Professional Gadget Bag 1EG (for full metal hooks/clips).
I could recommend the above :-)
As I was a victim of the OBC, the list of the non-favourites is much longer (including LowePro/Canon/TuffLuv models)

Last edited by Prakticant; 02-15-2016 at 06:10 AM.
02-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Glad to see I'm not the only one with OBC

Oh yea, I just ordered my third Domke camera bag. It's a 5-XC coming from Amazon for $86. I hope to give a video review of it shortly thereafter.