Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Cost depends on the options. Mine had the $13 wrist pad and some 0-rings, plus I had to pay shipping to Canada (Chinese straps include free shipping). Final cost was around $45.

If I were to re-order I'd want the extra-long strap and quick disconnect system, which is something I added on my own, because I remove the strap for use with a sling, tripod or flash bracket. Split rings are a major pain to attach and remove. The wrist pad is definitely not necessary but it's a nice feature.

No way would I go for any wrist strap with a string attachment. I had an Optex with a string, and my K-x lugs cut through it within a couple of weeks. I like the string attachment method, but I need a chunky piece of leather or nylon, not a thin string.
Gotcha. I have the long version with the $1 rubber o-ring. Pretty basic but it works for me on the 01.

12-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I can never make up my mind as what strap I will be using.

I don't use wrist strap very often. When I do, it's like this:

Most of the times I use a hand strap:

When shooting events, I wear a sling, but use the camera with the hand strap as above, and attach the camera to the sling only when I need my hands free, or when changing lenses/flashes/camera bodies.

If I go hiking with a heavy lens, I may use a harness:

Of course I can configure it as a neck strap as well. But I haven't used a neck strap for quite a while.

Last edited by SOldBear; 12-06-2014 at 08:55 PM.
12-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hm. Intuitively, a hand strap seems most appealing to me, but as the K3 will be a lot heavier than my current body and i do shoot with a lot of heavy lenses, it might not work out. I'm thinking I may wait and see how I end up carrying the thing and/or get a convertible (indecisive person) strap.
12-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My MO is to still use a couple of original LX straps (black, thin, discrete and no logos) wrapped around the hand.

The other body/lens over the shoulder ready to go into action with no delay.

12-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I tried the Camdapter strap but did not like the way it fit over the back of my hand. Have given up on hand straps for the time being.
12-09-2014, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #21

I use the Deluxe Belt ProStrap, I've had mine for 8 yrs still looks new & works great. It is strong enough I am not worried about letting my hang from it. It can be seen here. Deluxe Belt ProStrap

Cheers Chris
12-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_T Quote
I use the Deluxe Belt ProStrap, I've had mine for 8 yrs still looks new & works great. It is strong enough I am not worried about letting my hang from it. It can be seen here. Deluxe Belt ProStrap

Cheers Chris
Thanks Chris, I believe I just found my next wrist strap.