Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sirui G10 ball head

Does anyone have any experience with the Sirui G10 ball head. I might be able to pick up one locally, but I don't know how well it will handle a DSLR. I probably won't be sticking any really heavy lenses on it, but I might have a lens at the end of a length of extension tubes, and thus the center of mass will be offset a bit. I've done general internet searches, but these have turned up little information.

Right now I have a Manfrotto 055XPROB with 804rc2 head. I can't say I use it that often, but it works great when I do. The only exception is for some macro work, where making the final adjustments can be fiddly because it is hard to maintain composition if the object is mostly filling the frame.

Thanks

12-29-2014, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have one and it is rock solid! The ballhead is a joy to use. It supports up to 22lbs so long lenses shouldn't be a problem. Locked down I cannot move the ball with all my strength! Get one. Six year warranty and the price is right.
12-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have not used the G model but I can give you my experiences on the "K" version which is a nice ball head to use. I like the fact it has only one adjustment/locking knob, which is graduated, for the ball. It is very smooth to use and gives good "feel" on the ball and pan locking knobs.
There are 3 variants of this Sirui 10 the "K",rated at 20 Kg, the "G" rated at 18Kg, and the "C" which is the budget version and has 15 Kg capacity. Clip of all below-
Attached Images

Last edited by ak_kiwi; 12-29-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Model pictures and descriptions corrected
12-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the k model. It is very solid. I wouldn't be afraid to try a MF camera on that head if I had a pair of slightly heavier legs. I have it paired with the tx-1005 legs that sirui makes. My only real challenge has been long lenses in fairly stiff winds. Not bad for legs that are only 2.5lbs. You would easily spend 2x as much to get a manfrotto ballhead that nice. Do it!!!