Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #1

Naneu Hiking Camera Backpack, anyone know stuff about them?

I currently have a ApeCase 1700 sling bag and I do not really like it being a sling so I'm looking for a new backpack for my camera. Ran across the Naneu which is a hiking backpack designed for a camera. I liked the concept, but I don't know anything about the brand. Anyone have experience with them? If not, can you recommend a bag that would hold 3-4 lenses, the camera, some accessories, and then have storage for a bit more stuff?

Thanks for any help.

12-30-2014, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have 2 Naneu bags myself, and have to say that they are fine bags. I do not know which hiking bag you are revering too. As they do have several. I do like the concept of the bags, and they do hold a lot of gear. Also the fit is pretty good. Good padded shoulder bands and a good padded hip-band. Build quality (with the ones I have) is good. But a con for me with Naneu is, that the bags are too bulky (for me) That's why I have now gotten 2 bags from Clik Elite. The Venture 30 and the Escape. Both are very well made, fit extremely well (both with internal hard frame). And both fit extremely well.

The escape will hold a body with more than enough lenses. the Venture 30 a body and 2-3 lenses. There is also the venture 35, which is bigger, and will hold body and 3-5 lenses. Escape | Backpacks | Clik Elite Venture 30 | Backpacks, Outdoor Series | Clik Elite

From Naneu I have the Alpha L, which holds body+ lens and 2-3 more lenses (depends on the size). And the Urban Gear U120n, which hiolds, well a lot (but isn't a real hiking bag). Military Ops Alpha-L Camera Backpack Urban Gear U120n Camera Backpack

Both Clik Venture and Naneu Alpha are two compartment bags, so top compartment will hold personal stuff. And bot have mole style attachement points, you coukld hook a lens case with a lens on if you need more space.
12-30-2014, 04:43 AM   #3

I have Amazon Basic camera backpack. Holds my k5 with sigma 70-200 mounted, a 17-50, 35mm Ltd, 15mm Ltd and 100mm macro. Its a pretty spacious bag. Recently got a Sigma 150-500, and mounted with my K5 and hood reversed it still fits in the middle section. The front pockets could fit a tablet like a surface rt. Another great alternative will be this
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/200693...-backpack.html
Hope this helps.
01-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

Original Poster
Amazon.com: Naneu Outlander Olv Adventure Pro Outdoor Camera Hiking Pack (Olive): Camera & Photo

This was the Naneu I was looking at. While its out of stock, Amazon has it for $150. I'm not in much of a hurry so I'd be fine waiting for it to come back in stock for that price. I also like this Clik:

http://www.amazon.com/Clik-Elite-CE009BK-Series-Obscura/dp/B00DTXSFVQ/ref=sr...rds=Clik+Elite

One think I really like about the Naneu is that the camera pack portion is removable and can be used as a separate backpack or attached to the front of the main pack's straps.

01-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
Pentaxian

If that is the one you are looking at, then from clik elite the contrejour is more in your range. Contrejour 35 | Backpacks | Clik Elite Contrejour 40 | Backpacks | Clik Elite

But this is a nice small review of several backpacks (they do have the old model from Naneu)
But build quality of naneu is good I have to say.
01-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #6

Original Poster
I like the Contrejour 40, but the Nanue Outlander is only $150 from Amazon. Seems like a great deal compared to the alternatives.
01-02-2015, 02:08 AM   #7
Pentaxian

it is a great deal indeed
01-20-2015, 05:59 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My advice is don't waste time with a "camera" backpack. Go to your local rei or whatever backpacking shop you have around, get fitted for a pack, and find a good deal on that pack. Then buy an insert like the clik elite capsule. If you can find a panel loading bag, you'll be all set. another added plus is you dot have to have the weight of your camera on the bottom of your bag. You can have it in the middle as it's most likely going to be the heaviest item in your pack. Another thing is, with having a "modular" system of sorts, you're not committed to just one bag. You can put your camera capsule in any bag as long as it fits. No you can carry a 20 liter daypack or a 60 liter week long pack.