Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update: I went ahead & just ordered the Ross Photography hinged leveler! I think this will work very well for me, and can be moved to either camera.

Thanks Dentax, for bringing this to our attention!

01-05-2015, 12:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A smartphone app will work in a pinch. Just start it up and place the flat edge or back of the phone on the tripod plate or hot shoe.
01-05-2015, 07:58 AM   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
A smartphone app will work in a pinch. Just start it up and place the flat edge or back of the phone on the tripod plate or hot shoe.
Don't have a smartphone.
01-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #19
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I received my hot shoe leveler; however it does not fit my K10D. So if anyone is considering ordering one for a K10D, hold off for awhile, as Dennis of Ross Photography is working with me to reach a solution. The edges of the base of the leveler are slightly too thick to slide into the hot shoe.

It is a beautifully crafted leveler, and somehow, someway we will make it fit the K10D!

Stay tuned!

Edit: Dennis is mailing me another that he made thinner, to fit the K10D; I should have it in a couple of days!

I must say, Dennis is certainly going the extra mile for a new customer; I highly recommend dealing with his business!! http://cameralevel.com/ross-photographic.html

Last edited by csa; 01-09-2015 at 10:46 AM.
01-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #20
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Received the new hot shoe leveler, and it fits the flash shoe of the K10D perfectly! I must say I'm very pleased with it, and with the exceptional service Dennis provided!
01-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Received the new hot shoe leveler, and it fits the flash shoe of the K10D perfectly! I must say I'm very pleased with it, and with the exceptional service Dennis provided!
Always great to hear about good service from a supplier! Don't forget to add the part to the Accessories section of reviews and write up your experiences.
01-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #22
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Always great to hear about good service from a supplier! Don't forget to add the part to the Accessories section of reviews and write up your experiences.
Thanks, I'll do that!

01-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is this not something that can be done very readily in PP?
01-21-2015, 08:08 AM   #24
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Is this not something that can be done very readily in PP?
I'm sure it can; however I find this a very handy tool for my panaramas, etc. Many are not too well versed in using PP, to gain full benefits from it; myself included.

I simply was impressed with something made right here in the US with exceptional service! There are many different hot shoe levelers on the market, & this caught my eye that fit my needs. Is it for everyone? Nope, but for those wanting something like this, they can be assured of a top quality product by a guy that cares about his customers. Just thought I'd pass along my experience for others here.
01-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #25
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Actually the ability to do in pp is limited--mainly because (in all cases) you lose part of the image--assuming you want a rectangular picture.

In photoshop the rotation and perspective transformations can be done under (both) edits and lens correction. I use the following, but note that if you intend to make a collage/panorama--the problems likely become much harder to seamlessly fix.

-- If it is off in one dimension a simple rotation, or perspective adjustment, but in the latter you (also) lose resolution.

-- If it is off in two dimensions a more complex set of adjustments can be done in principle--but it is harder to see what to do (a simple skew may do it)--and usually looks a bit odd. And again some resolution is lost.

The ability to make a panorama or collage (and the difficulty to fix in pp) is I find often the case because after viewing photo's you may decide to do one.