Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2015, 07:01 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
case for Pentax ME

Many, many years ago, Pentax used to maintain an on-site club for Pentax owners. If you were a member of that club, they would offer discounts on close-out items. One of the things I bought through that club was a case for the Pentax ME...or it may have been for the ME Super...I can't remember exactly. It was similar to an Eveready case, but there was a hole in the front of the case so that you could leave the camera in the case and still change lenses. There was also a flap on the upper right that you could unbutton so you'd have access to the film advance, shutter release, and mode dial. Does anybody else have one of these or remember it?

01-14-2015, 08:30 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I have two of three of these. Two are old and original and in a very battered state. The third is new faux leather replacement bought off eBay two years ago (a Southern Cal shop, I think).

The case is roughly as you remember it. There are two parts. The static section fits snugly around the body and the removable section fits around the lens with a clip at the bottom and two press studs at the top. This is very convenient - you can leave the front section attached but swinging so you can take pictures or change lens and have access to all the camera controls. When fully buttoned up the camera is then weather proof and protected against damage. The ME and ME Super were the same size and used the same case
and other accessories.

There was an alternative front section that could be bought separately. This was designed for use with the 28-50 zoom lens (which I used as my walk-about lens) - this had a longer snout for the this lens and was a wrap-around design (no press studs or clips) secured by a velcro pad.

As I write I am looking at my old ME Super kit (also have an ME) and my five M lenses and have a nice warm feeling about all the pictures I took with it. There is a negative film in the camera waiting for its next "walk".
01-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you! I had never seen another one of these cases, but then again, the number of Pentax users in my camera club has steadily decreased over the years so I don't have that many Pentax folks that I know these days.
01-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I have found the packing material for my replacement case. The official name is Pentax ME Super Soft Case and it has a code number 32730. It is the official Pentax accessory.