Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-18-2015, 03:48 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
The rear cap with the Oreo Cookie design on it is from Fotodiox. They are my favorite non-Pentax caps.
Are there other sellers selling such caps? At Fotodiox not in stock for Pentax.

02-18-2015, 05:18 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I found some on eBay. 5 caps for $5.95, shipped from California for $2.00. They should be here in a day or two. Once I get them, i'll post whether they're any good or not.

New 5 x Pentax K Mount Plastic Rear Lens Cap Set | eBay
03-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I found some on eBay. 5 caps for $5.95, shipped from California for $2.00. They should be here in a day or two. Once I get them, i'll post whether they're any good or not.

New 5 x Pentax K Mount Plastic Rear Lens Cap Set | eBay
I got my lens caps in the mail today from the eBay seller I linked to above. I tried all 10 on two different Pentax lenses. 10 out of 10 fit snug, just like the OEM caps. I would buy these caps again.
03-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I bought those from the same seller in 2012. There are very minor differences between those and the OEM Pentax caps - the textured areas are different, the mold release marks aren't the same and the lettering is quite as "sharp". Most likely casts and molds were made from the originals. The counterfeit caps are much more snug - I can't remove them easily single handed (which is what you wanted).

They do the job and are practically indistinguishable from the "real" thing. A great value for the money.
I have also ordered that 10x set from same Rainbow... seller few times (maybe 6 times) in last years. Lasttime was few weeks ago, few caps used from that set and they were just fine. But I remember getting set also that most caps were too tight, maybe it was second set I did order. But in general those caps are ok and very difficult to tell if original or not. Maybe few last sets been have little grayish black color...