Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Naneu Pro Bags ... anybody?

In the search for a good backpack I lately came across the Naneu Pro K3
Adventure - K3 - Naneu Pro | Camera Bag & Laptop Case Solutions

and it looks to be a very interesting backpack with room for a body plus a few lenses plus the possibility to carry additional gear in a separate top section. It also has side pockets and can carry a tripod. And the price here in Europe is low compared to other brands like Lowepro.

Has anyone any experience with this bag ... or just with the brand Naneu Pro? How is it compared to Lowepro?

Thanks, Ebbe

02-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you tried this bag on? YMMV, but here are my thoughts.

I wouldn't buy this one. About the only thing I really like is the tripod attachment, but these bags just seem overbuilt--and not in a good way. The K3 you linked is heavy(!), and I honestly snickered when I saw the hip belt.

Crumpler and Lowepro make camera backpacks that are easily twice as big as this one that only have simple nylon waist belts. From personal experience I know hip belts are good things while backpacking, and I imagine that some camera bags really need them, but I don't think the 7.34L K3 is one of them.*

I'd keep looking for a bag that had more appropriate weight/gear protection/volume ratios.

*I've carried packs approaching 35% of my own body weight in a 35L bag with half the hip belt padding, on class 3-4 terrain. I'm tough, stupidly stubborn sometimes, and rough on my body and just about anything it comes into contact with, but that bag is overkill.
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

looks similar to my lowerpro compurover aw. a tad smaller (not by much), but i think it's more than the lowepro (in price)

from my experieces w/ the lowerpro. it's gonna be big and bulky. it would be good to have for traveling and such, as you can carry other stuff other than your gear. but as an everyday bag, no. i'm still looking for one where I can easly take out my camera. I would check out lowerpro's stuff the naneu is pretty pricey.

the waist belt on the compurover is removable which is handy, and it also has a compartment for a laptop. shop around, and try out the bag. it will have it's uses, but the competion i think is better.
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Beth

That's one of my reasons for asking. I can't find any dealers here in Denmark, the closest is in Holland, quite a bit out of the way

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 7,34L ... I guess that's the size of the camera section in Liters? That is about the size of my Domke F-803 and then it got the section above for extra storage. The total of the bag is something like 54 L, measured on the exterior. And then the weight doesn't scare me.
5.25 lps=2.4 kg, that's not too bad. It got a spring steel frame, that might be one of the reasons for the weight, but then again it also provides some security. I've also been looking at the Lowepro Rover AW II, it's got something like a 10 L camera section. and weighs only about 1.6 kg. That's another option. I think the padding/protection on the K3 is better though.
Ebbe

Last edited by Ebbe S; 02-05-2007 at 03:39 PM.
02-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Jon

It's funny with the prices. I've found that the Naneu brand is way cheaper here in Europe, compared to the US.
As I mentioned to Beth. I have been looking at the Lowepro Rover AW II, but I'll give the Compurover a look too.
For everyday use I like the Domke F-803. It's handy and does not look like a camerabag att all, but the protection/the padding is poor