Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax Sling bag 2

Just bought the Pentax Sling Bag 2 on B&H. It had good reviews and was only 30 bucks. Anyone have any experience with it?

01-31-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do not, but I would be interested to hear your review once you have it.
I have looked at it a few times and I do have a camera bag addiction.
02-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
rws

QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
Just bought the Pentax Sling Bag 2 on B&H. It had good reviews and was only 30 bucks. Anyone have any experience with it?
I got one for "free" in a camera bundle a couple of months ago. It's a nice bag, but not my first choice. It has room for a camera body, 3 extra lenses (up to maybe as long as a 55-300mm), a flash, and some other smaller accessories. So, quite a bit of stuff in a pretty small package. The compartments can be adjusted with the standard padded velcro inserts. Instead of three smaller lenses, you could put one longer one. Accessing the camera is easy, it is comfortable to wear, and the strap can be adjusted to go on either shoulder. The strap is padded and wide enough, so even with all of that, it feels light. It also feels sturdy or protective enough, but I haven't done anything to test either.

My main complaint with it is that it looks like a camera bag. I would rather use a nondescript (waterproof) messenger bag, something that could just as easily be full of diapers as it is hundreds or thousands of dollars of gear.

But for the price? It's great and hard to beat.

I still use it occasionally, and I always keep it loaded with something. It is the smallest bag I have and easy to grab in a hurry.
02-01-2015, 03:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have the original bag which seems to be the same sans #2 misses one top zipped bag over the camera. I like this camera bag a lot. I have 3 lenses at the bottom, the middle section which holds my camera and my Metz 52 and a top section which holds any other accessories that I would need. That gives me 4 lenses, 1 on my camera and 3 in a separate compartment, flash and all accessories. It is a sling so I can carry it on my back and slip it under my shoulder to get to my camera so quickly. I have had this camera for 4 years, been to Hawall a few times, the Philippines and all over the US. This bag has taken a lot of abuse and still has not worn at all, as if it looks when I first got it. I have thought of getting another bag many times but this bag has met my needs perfectly......besides....the Pentax name is on it. I would get it again in a second if I needed to replace it.

02-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the Sling Bag 1. I've used it since 2009, and it's my go-to bag when I just want to carry a camera and a couple lenses.
02-01-2015, 06:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I've owned the original version since 2008. It was my main bag for at least four years. I've since bought a lot of different style bags, but if I want to pack a lot of gear and maintain quick access to the camera, the Pentax sling bag is the obvious choice. A couple of years ago the strap started to tear away from the body, but I had a local shop repair it for under ten dollars and it is now stronger than new.

I fit three lenses in the bottom compartment. The middle compartment holds a body with standard zoom mounted and the 55-300mm stored (or vice versa). The top compartment carries a spare body or a flash. The extra compartment over the center section is handy for cleaning supplies, battery, memory card, etc. Too bad they dropped it. What a great price though.
02-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the first one . It is my go to bag for the short trips or just around town That way I have my gear with me and protected

02-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We also have the original bag and find it very useful. It holds more than it might look like and is easy to carry, with ready access.

It looks like one of the main differences with the Pentax Slingbag 2 is updated styling. The original does look a bit dated now, but it is very utilitarian. Much like many comments above, we find it holds several primes, esp MF lenses, a smaller zoom or two and the camera body in an accessible location. Very useful.
02-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have had this bag since 2010 and it was great when I was using the 55-300. But now that I have a Sigma 150-500 I have had to get a bigger bag.
02-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I made a good choice. Can't wait to get it.