Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wireless shutter release with lock?

I'm wondering if such thing exists... Is there any Wireless shutter release with shutter lock?

02-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
May I ask why do you need lock?

Do you know that you can set the camera that with one click you can start the exposure and with second click you can end it...
I have Pentax F wireless and corded one as well. The corded has lock but the wireless is set like I mention above.
02-05-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

no wireless but I have 2x wired, something like that from eBay:
RS 60E3 Cable Release Shutter Remote FOR Canon Pentax K200D Samsung SLR | eBay

and just purchased Pentax TS-110 timer switch , need to change the plug :

this one looks interesting, it is IR and wired and has a hold option, the best would be to email the question to confirm:
Timer Shutter Release Remote Control Pentax K3 K5 K7 K30 K20D K100D K110D | eBay
02-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
May I ask why do you need lock?

Do you know that you can set the camera that with one click you can start the exposure and with second click you can end it...
I have Pentax F wireless and corded one as well. The corded has lock but the wireless is set like I mention above.

I'd like to try to lock the shutter and install a camera in catch-in-focus mode in such a way that it auto-shoots everytime a bird/animal gets into focus.

(So no bulb mode.)

Which type of corded remote do you have? Could you eventually confirm if it works as described above (i.e. catch-in-focus with locked remote shutter)?

02-05-2015, 11:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
no wireless but I have 2x wired, something like that from eBay:
RS 60E3 Cable Release Shutter Remote FOR Canon Pentax K200D Samsung SLR | eBay

and just purchased Pentax TS-110 timer switch , need to change the plug :

this one looks interesting, it is IR and wired and has a hold option, the best would be to email the question to confirm:
Timer Shutter Release Remote Control Pentax K3 K5 K7 K30 K20D K100D K110D | eBay

Thanks for the links. I'll try to ask the eBay seller.
02-06-2015, 12:00 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just found this one... JJC Wireless Multifunction Timer Remote for Pentax 645D K 50 645Z K5II K 5IIS K3 | eBay
02-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
I'd like to try to lock the shutter and install a camera in catch-in-focus mode in such a way that it auto-shoots everytime a bird/animal gets into focus.

(So no bulb mode.)

Which type of corded remote do you have? Could you eventually confirm if it works as described above (i.e. catch-in-focus with locked remote shutter)?
I do have Cable Switch CS-205 and Remote Control F ( PENTAX K-3?Cameras?RICOH IMAGING CANADA ) but can confirm when I get home first.

02-06-2015, 12:21 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(So no bulb mode.)

For that purpose I have seen folks DIY mechanically like this: diy mechanical shutter release for pentax kx (or any camera) | Sussex Photo

If your camera has a port for wired remote shutter then a simple unit like this will work - you press the button then slide it up to hold.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neewer-Wired-Remote-Shutter-Release-Control-for-Cano...item2c90f702f6
02-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #9
Forum Member

I made myself a shutter release cable similar to this one. I think the mechanical flip switch can do what you want.
02-06-2015, 02:12 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I'm wondering if such thing exists... Is there any Wireless shutter release with shutter lock?

(So no bulb mode.)

First of all, I suggest that you take a look at this article:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/53-pentax-dslr-camera-articles/51036-how-...tml#post488792

Secondly, I don't see any reason to use a wireless remote for CIF (why use battery power for radio transmission and reception?). Just set your camera to continous shooting and use any simple DSLR cabled release (like the genuine Pentax cable release) that can be locked.

However, if for some reason you must be able to control your shutter wirelessly, here's one thing that you can do - taking my Hähnel Giga T Pro II as an example: Again, set your camera to Continous Shooting, AF.S and CIF mode. Then set your remote release transmitter to simple Bulb-mode, focus and fully press the remote release button. With my Hähnel, the shutter will be "pressed" constantly ontil you press the transmitter remote release button once more. And as an addtional bonus the timer on the remote transmitter will tell you for how long time your shutter has been "pressed".

However, for CIF, I very much prefer to use my Hähnel in its cabled configuration, using the transmitter + direct cable connection only.

NOTE: My old Hähnel Digi would work only in wireless mode (no cable connection possible). In that model, the remote relase could be locked, but I was never very happy with that solution, because voltage dropped and operations stopped after just a couple of minutes.

Last edited by Stone G.; 02-06-2015 at 02:56 AM. Reason: remote name corrected