Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Need recommendation for small backpack

Could somebody recommend smaller backpack that will have two separate compartments? I have a standard backpack with one big compartment and I am tired of all the stuff mixing together in it :-) Ideally what I would like to have is some sort of slim backpack with bottom part for the camera (just camera + lens attached) and top part for some misc stuff like extra clothing, etc. Most of the camera backpacks are huge with space for camera and at least 3 lenses. I do not need that as I am not going to haul all the stuff with my on a short geocaching or bike trip.

Thanks.

06-01-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ooops. Wrong forum. Moderators, could you please move it to the Accessories section? Thanks.
06-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did some looking around and I couldn't find anything that specifically matched what you're looking for, but I did have an idea, though. How about picking up a holster-type bag that will fit your body and lens only and putting it into the backpack you already have?

Another idea is to get a fitted case. Op-tech produces these and you can get them at B&H.
35mm Fitted Cases | B&H Photo Video

HTH,
Heather
06-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lowepro Fastpack 350, 250 and some others. I just got the 250. Limited use so far, but so far so good.

Bottom area for cameras etc, top for anything else, the ones with 50 on the end also have a computer compartment.

06-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Echo Messenger Bags - Camera Bags, Backpacks & Shoulder Bags For Amateur/Professional Photographers - Military Ops Series | NaneuPro.com or the Military Ops - Bravo - Naneu Pro | Camera Bag & Laptop Case Solutions backpack?
i have the alpha, which is quite large, and i probably wish i had the bravo now
i'd recommend you try it out before you buy though
they are well built and look cool

dave

Last edited by dtra; 06-02-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: add links
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. I had looked thru the links but all the bags weight more than 2 lbs. It is just too much for biking and hiking. I guess for now I will stick with my current backpack and do what hwblanks suggested.
06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lowepro Orion Trekker II is the only one I know of that might come close. I think it weighs about 2 pounds.

06-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WJW Quote
Lowepro Orion Trekker II is the only one I know of that might come close. I think it weighs about 2 pounds.
The Orion Trekker would be the "classic" solution for you, I think too.

Ben
06-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #9

Fastpack...

I'd still recommend one of the Fastpack bags. If the 250 or 350 look too big, then look into the 100 or 200. I have a slingshot, and have loved it like no other bag I've had, namely because I can get to the camera without taking the bag off. The downside of the slingshot is only one strap. The fastpack looks to be a slingshot with two shoulder straps. IMO the perfect bag! Being able to access the camera from the side of the bag... well I know I'll never go back!