Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2015, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Imagine that!

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Yesterday, I was browsing the Internet, looking for a replacement foam insert for an older Promaster camera case I have. After 15 years of hard use, the pick & pluck foam has seen much better days! Not being able to find what I wanted, I called the manufacturer of the case, itself.

A man of obvious importance answered the phone and introduced himself as "John." I explained my problem and he told me that the company no longer made that style case. He gave me a model number and asked me to look it over and call him back if it looked like it would be a suitable replacement for my worn out one.

I agreed, but was thinking to myself, "I DON'T want to buy a new one, I just want to FIX the old one!" But, I checked out the new model as he suggested and called him back and said, "Yes, it's very nice. How much does it cost?"

"Oh, there will be no charge. I have the discretion of sending one to you in appreciation of your support for our brand. So, leave your shipping information with my secretary and I'll have one sent to you. Thank you for buying Promaster products.... and have a nice day."

Imagine that! A Promaster Model 4764 coming my way, gratis, courtesy of "John" at Promaster! I must be living right, because I've sure been having some mighty good luck lately! I think I'm gonna' buy a lottery ticket this afternoon!

Last edited by Dewman; 08-19-2015 at 02:51 PM.
03-07-2015, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #2
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Not bad. Not bad at all
03-07-2015, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Nice to know there are still companies out there that appreciate a loyal customer.
03-07-2015, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I must be living right, because I've sure been having some mighty good luck lately! I think I'm gonna' buy a lottery ticket this afternoon!
This is exactly what I was thinking while reading your history!

03-07-2015, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
very nice!
03-07-2015, 11:02 AM   #6
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Dewman! For sure it is great to see a business working to show appreciation for the very customers who make it successful.
03-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, I was quite amazed at his generosity. I own several Promaster products. They make some nice camera cases, from the "affordable," (I own two) to some high-end cases that are competitors with the Pelican brand. (I WILL own one!) I also like the Promaster tripod I bought last fall. Quite sturdy. I also own several lenses marketed by Promaster. It's my understanding that they are rebranded lenses made by either Sigma or Tamron. I especially like my Promaster 70-300mm 1:2 macro lens. Very sharp, indeed.

So, GO PROMASTER!

03-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's always great to read of a company that goes above & beyond for their customers! Thanks for posting this, I know I'll definitely be aware of Promaster when buying, in the future.
03-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
It's always great to read of a company that goes above & beyond for their customers! Thanks for posting this, I know I'll definitely be aware of Promaster when buying, in the future.

Thank you, Carol. I think that would be a fitting response to Mr. Haggerty's generosity and excellent customer concern. I've never had that kind of response from ANY company. I really like my Promaster Combi 25 tripod. It is amazingly sturdy and steady. Promaster SystemPro Classic Combi 25 Tripod 29144063672 | eBay I added a Beike ball-turret head to it and it makes for a very nice combination for less than $100 that has served me well.

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:41 PM.
03-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is a nice looking tripod for a great price.
03-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
My Promaster camera case came yesterday. It's a very nice unit and every bit as sturdy as a Pelican brand..... maybe even more so. I like the fact that it has a spring-assisted opening lid and removable shoulder strap attachment points. It is very deep, allowing for vertical placement of long lenses, such as the SMC Pentax-A 70-210mm. The foam seems to be a little more dense than that in my 1550 Pelican case.

This was a totally unexpected and very generous gift from Mr. Haggerty at Promaster and one I WILL NOT forget! It's not often that you see such customer appreciation from ANYONE in today's world.
03-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
"Oh, there will be no charge. I have the discretion of sending one to you in appreciation of your support for our brand."
That's the kind of thing that's both great to hear, and great to share. Good for you, and great for Mr. Haggerty at ProMaster.

What's that saying "what goes around, comes around?" Seems you've done your share of being fair and generous, as well, Dewman!
03-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool. I have a Promaster lens, very good image quality for very low cost (at least for me).

I'll have to look at the cases, it looks pretty durable.
03-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Not sure what their cost is on that case, but he probably couldn't have gone out and bought advertising that would so directly hit his core customer base anywhere near as well as your story did. Congratulations on the new case!
03-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Not sure what their cost is on that case, but he probably couldn't have gone out and bought advertising that would so directly hit his core customer base anywhere near as well as your story did. Congratulations on the new case!

Yep.... it was a win-win for everyone concerned. It now is the home for my most favorite SMC Pentax lenses. The ones I "never leave home without."