Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

Device to attach phone to act as tilt screen (with Flucard)

As we are all aware the K3 doesn't have a tilt LCD screen..

I was wondering if there is a device that will attach to the camera or tripod that allows you to clip your phone to it, allowing for full articulation when connected to the camera via the Flu-card.. Basically a pseudo tilt screen?

??

03-13-2015, 02:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It may be simpler to use a field monitor via HDMI, if all you want is an articulated screen, instead of bothering with a phone, Flucard, WiFi etc etc ...
03-13-2015, 03:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Music Mount for iPhoneŽ and iPodŽ - Monoprice.com

You could put this on your tripod, but a field monitor would be cheaper and more rugged.
03-13-2015, 06:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I bought one of these for exactly the reason you described. I appreciate it's Amazon UK, but I'm positive you'll find it on Amazon.com.

Black Retractable Universal Bracket Adapter Tripod Mount Holder for iPhone 4 5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I already have various mounts to attach it to, both for on and off camera. The bracket I bought will attach to any standard tripod screw mount.

03-13-2015, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here's an option on the cheap:
03-13-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Great. Thanks for the tips.. A monitor didn't even cross my mind but seems to be the better solution, especially as the battery in my cell phone depletes quickly.