Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
eyefi mobi pro

Eyefi’s newest Mobi Pro SD card lets you sync RAW photos

This looks promising. I know little about the flu card. Would this be an improvement or simply another option that has the same functionality?

03-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This provides file transfer, same as earlier cards. The RAW capability has been in the earlier 'pro' cards for some time if I remember correctly. Looks like they added some features to the networking but otherwise is similar to the earlier Mobi Pro cards. The issue with RAW transfer on earlier cards was the speed which was rather slow, but it does not say if that has been improved.

But no this is not the same as a FLU card, it provides file transfer only, not the camera control ability of the FLU card.
03-14-2015, 08:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have never been able to get mobi eye fi to work in my k50. Tried two cards.
03-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My eyefi pro synchs raw files, but it's so damned slow that it's not worth bothering with.

03-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I had one that worked for a week, then stopped working. No idea why...
03-14-2015, 10:47 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

No problem for me. Did you set it up with the included USB reader?
03-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
No problem for me. Did you set it up with the included USB reader?
Yup. Started a thread a while back about it. Other people came out of the woodwork with similar issues. I could get the thing to setup and see the wifi and connect with the app - but never got a single picture to transfer.

EDIT: Here's the thread... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/283828-4gb-mobi-eye-...-pictures.html

03-15-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Yup. Started a thread a while back about it. Other people came out of the woodwork with similar issues. I could get the thing to setup and see the wifi and connect with the app - but never got a single picture to transfer.

EDIT: Here's the thread... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/283828-4gb-mobi-eye-...-pictures.html
Uncle, I use both a 4GB Mobi Eye Fi Mobile that came with the camera and a 32GB Mobi Pro. I have the standard Mobi set up for both Cloud upload and transfer to my Moto X using their GooglePlay app (there's one for iOS too) while the Mobi Pro transfers RAW+ to my laptop. The Pro sometimes takes a few minutes to be discovered before transfers begin but never fails to eventually see it. It's adequately fast file transfers too. The 4G Mobile gets seen a little sooner for some reason.
03-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Uncle, I use both a 4GB Mobi Eye Fi Mobile that came with the camera and a 32GB Mobi Pro. I have the standard Mobi set up for both Cloud upload and transfer to my Moto X using their GooglePlay app (there's one for iOS too) while the Mobi Pro transfers RAW+ to my laptop. The Pro sometimes takes a few minutes to be discovered before transfers begin but never fails to eventually see it. It's adequately fast file transfers too. The 4G Mobile gets seen a little sooner for some reason.
Which camera?
03-15-2015, 08:22 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Which camera?
Using with a K-50
03-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Using with a K-50
Dang, maybe I'll try again but the frustration level was very high.
03-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Dumb question probably but did you enable the Eye-Fi card in the camera settings?
03-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dumb question probably but did you enable the Eye-Fi card in the camera settings?
Not a dumb question, I may have forgotten to specify that I did that in my thread, but yes I did. I got the app to see the card more than once but it never worked. Two cameras (k50's), two cards (Mobi 4GB eye-fi), two phones (LG G3, iPhone 5s), two operating systems (ios and Android)...
03-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK - I have gotten it working with an unopened (until now) Mobi EyeFi (I had three). I will retry one of the others later.
I'm so happy it works.
03-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

OK - I have gotten it working with an unopened (until now) Mobi EyeFi (I had three). I will retry one of the others later.
I'm so happy it works.
Glad to hear that sir. I've found it pretty convenient.

Here's something I didn't notice about it until this week. I was in the print room doing a layout and noticed images transferring from my K-50 to my laptop. Figured I'd accidentally left my camera on. Nope, it was in the truck and definitely off yet still able to connect to my wifi network to send images over to the laptop. Weird.