Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
BG5 grip - contact cover

I got the grip with my K-3 in a package deal - and promptly "misplaced" the little white-ish cap that covers the contacts on the grip when it's not in use.

I've sent a couple emails around to the usual shops and got back "we don't sell that part" - and my message to Ricoh/Pentax went unanswered...

Has anyone had any luck finding this thing? or have any (helpful) suggestions on what to do about it?

Thanks!
- Scott

03-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should be able to get that from Ricoh. They are not prompt to reply to email, sometimes it takes weeks. I asked for the rubber plug for a k-5II and never got a reply at all, but I did get the plug a few weeks later with a note that said "compliments of Ricoh Imaging".

You might also post a message on the Ricoh forum, they do seem to monitor that though again not every day. Home - RIAC Community
03-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #3

I contacted Ricoh when I wanted a similar cover for my K5 they redirected me to a Canadian repair centre who wanted $30 plus $25 for shipping and handling... Needless to say I don't have this cover.
03-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GeroniMoe Quote
I got the grip with my K-3 in a package deal - and promptly "misplaced" the little white-ish cap that covers the contacts on the grip when it's not in use.

I've sent a couple emails around to the usual shops and got back "we don't sell that part" - and my message to Ricoh/Pentax went unanswered...

Has anyone had any luck finding this thing? or have any (helpful) suggestions on what to do about it?

Thanks!
- Scott
I bought a BG4 grip used for my K-5 and noticed it was missing the contact cover. I checked Pentax webstore and noticed they sell a replacement for the K-10 D battery grip (I think BG-2) but not one for BG-4 or BG-5. So I am missing the cover as well. I tried B&H and Adorama and they do not stock it either. Don't buy the cap for the K-10 grip, it is a different size. I did contact Ricoh customer support once, but did not hear back from them. If anyone finds out how to get one, I would like to know.

03-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like an opportunity for someone with a 3d printer to make some extra change.
04-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the grip for the K20 BG2? and the K3 BG5. I have the cover for the K3 but not the K20 but have found that the plastic protection cover off the pins on a new VGA cable serve the purpose adequately. As a poster above has pointed out they are too small to fit the more recent grip.