Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #1

Remote Control for K5 etc

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I know the question about remotes have been raised here before, but has anyone used this particular non-Pentax remote control for their camera?
Wireless Remote Control for Pentax K 3 K 5 K 30 Q K 50 K 7 K R K x K20D O RC1 F | eBay

I've bought the $2+ one before, and as others have mentioned, they don't always fire reliably. I normally like to get the OEM version of things, but I think CAD $40 for a remote control is a tad overpriced and I'm looking into viable alternatives. Thanks!

03-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have not used that particular one. I use this CHEAP one with my K5 and it works just fine.
Best New Infrared Remote Control for Pentax K30 K52 II K7SLR KR KX KM K20D K10D | eBay
03-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the marketplace right now for your buying pleasure...

QuoteQuote:
$30ea. 2x Genuine Pentax Weatherproof Wireless Remote Triggers, for triggering the camera

$20ea. 2x Genuine Pentax Wireless Remote Triggers, for triggering the camera
Details here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/284426-sal...#ixzz3UxGSPut2

I'm not the seller - but I have purchased from this seller and he has a great reputation. Note that prices are in CAD.
03-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies & comments. I'll go pick one up!

03-24-2015, 02:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Remote Controls | B&H Photo Video

I don't know where you found them that expensive, but They ain't that expensive in the US. and the remote F works really fine. Haven't had any problems with it.
03-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
Remote Controls | B&H Photo Video

I don't know where you found them that expensive, but They ain't that expensive in the US. and the remote F works really fine. Haven't had any problems with it.
Yeah in the US it's usually cheaper. In Canada, the price on this large Canadian retailer is representative : PENTAX REMOTE CONTROL F 115 The current US-CAD exchange rate does not help either.
03-24-2015, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drewski Quote
Yeah in the US it's usually cheaper. In Canada, the price on this large Canadian retailer is representative : PENTAX REMOTE CONTROL F 115 The current US-CAD exchange rate does not help either.
The cheapest remote for Pentax you can find from china is working just fine. I have used several of them in the past without issues. I tend to buy them now and then because most of the times you can get them for even cheaper than the battery that is inside them (if you buy the battery in Canada)... and for me, is better to keep on re-buying the remote

IR Wireless Remote Control for Pentax K7 K5 K100D K110 K20D K200D K20 KR KX KM | eBay

03-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use a "DSLR Remote" app. for Pentax on my Samsung S5
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dslrremote&hl=en

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 03-24-2015 at 03:23 PM.
03-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I use a "DSLR Remote" app. for Pentax on my Samsung S5
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dslrremote&hl=en
Great idea, just remember not all phones have IR emitters. My LG G3 does, but not many do.
03-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've used this version for many years Wireless IR Infrared RC 4 Camera Shutter Remote Control FOR Sony Canon Nikon SS | eBay.

The top left is the pentax release. I have three for loss protection and it's sometimes handy to have a loaner compatible with other brands.
03-26-2015, 06:45 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks again for all for the great suggestions - I ended up ordering two of the ones mrNewt suggested, but BrianR's version looks good too, and yes, it might come in handy for my friends who shoot with other brands. I was initially going to go with Ex Finn's suggestion, but none of my phones have IR sadly - at one point I even contemplated using a TV remote, but nixed that idea as it might look real ghetto
03-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drewski Quote
at one point I even contemplated using a TV remote, but nixed that idea as it might look real ghetto
I have used my surround sound system remote before, nothing ghetto about it, had a great range too
03-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I have used my surround sound system remote before, nothing ghetto about it, had a great range too
Haha.. your remote must be a nicer-looking one than mine. Since I hardly watch TV, the one I have for my old TV Really looks ghetto