Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2015, 01:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian

I use the largest Lowepro Nova, but when fully loaded, (but with only one body - two wont fit - nor the DA* 300 as it's too big), it's too heavy to carry far, so I tend now to use it to transport my kit in my car, then break it down into another bag for use on the day/shoot if I'm out walking in the countryside, OR, I secure the Nova to a fishing tackle trolley ( which also carry's a tripod) and just pull it behind me if visiting gardens, etc, with hard paths.

My DA*300 always travels in a separate top-loading ThinkTank Digital Holster bag (with or without a body attached) which I can throw over my shoulder or hang from my belt.

My Limiteds all now live in an OpTech Accessory Pack, which, combined with a K-S1 body in a Kata Grip-10DL bag on my belt, makes for a great light-weight kit around town.

Bottom line? There's no one solution.

03-31-2015, 01:56 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I might be worth giving the Crumpler range of bags a look too.
03-31-2015, 10:13 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Look at the Tenba as someone else recommended, or better yet (I think) the Timbu2 snoop messenger. The small or medium would work. I use the small and easily carry the K-3 with a lens mounted (can even be the 60-250), 60-250, a flash, DA40, DA21, plus one other lens of my choice (can be long). There's room for a laptop or tablet, loops underneath for attaching a tripod, plus thin pockets on the front for odds and ends. It's waterproof (or rainproof, since water coming from under COULD get in), sturdy, has a great strap with a quick shortening feature, it looks good and doesn't look like a camera bag.
04-05-2015, 12:12 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you guys for your choices... So far I haven't encountered the shoulder bag which would fully meet my ideas. But looks like Vanguard Heralder 33 / 38 could be close (if only it would not look like camera bag from outside...). Now the question is which size to single out: 33 or 38?

04-05-2015, 08:12 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being organized sounds great, but too many compartments make your bag fussy and slow to work from.
And you don't need as much padding as you think; it wastes a lot of space.

I like Domke bags.

Chris
04-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #21

Just to compare, Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400 AW Camera Bag fits K-3 (no grip, RRS L-Bracket), DA* 2.8/200mm, DA* 2.8/50-135mm, DA* 2.8/16-50mm, DA 4/12-24mm, (all of the lenses in vertical position & with their hoods), flash and some spare room for at least 2 primes (on top of the short zooms).
There are bigger models of Stealth Reporter AW (D550 & D 650), but I would recommend semi-hard bag-shell for such a $$$ value stuff when in travel.

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
- 1 (max 2) DSLR camera bodies (without battery grip)
- about 5-6 lenses
- 1x tele (DA300)
- 1x middle tele (DA50-135)
- 1x normal zoom (DA16-50)
- 3x wide / normal primes (DA15, FA ltds)
- 1x flash
- possibly a laptop (max 15'', but this is not the most essential point)
- all that small stuff like batteries, SD cards, ....