Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2015, 06:45 AM   #1

looking for perfect fit bag: k-r+pancake lens

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey, my first post!

Im sorry if this has been covered before.

I have the DA 40mm limited "pancake" lens, and was hoping to find a bag that would fit perfectly for my k-r with lens mounted, and nothing more.
Ive been taking way too few photos, just realised that my last photo was taken in october last year... and I would really like to change that.
With a smaller and lighter case then my current loewepro top loader zoom, it would be easier to decide to take the pentax with me, espescially when hiking - where size & weight is usually an issue.

Im sure there are loads of great compact/hybrid cases that could fit my needs, just haven't been able to find any yet.
I think with an internal space of approx 130*110*110mm there should be more than enough room.

So this bag will primarily be used for travelling and hiking - waterproofing, ruggedness, ability to mount on backpack-beltstrap etc would therefore be a plus.

And since I live in Norway, larger brands would be easier to find over here. But ordering overseas is not a dealbreaker either.

Any help is appreciated

04-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use an old Canon bridge camera's bag for my K-r with 40mm XS, but its not fancy or waterproof or anything. The problem with suggesting bags is that there are soo many models, and every year they make new ones. Its best to go to a camera store and just see what they have

Oh, and congrats on your first post!
04-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You might try non camera bags, go to some outdoor outfitters, they sometimes have a variety of small padded cases used for fishing gear, binoculars, other electronics, etc.
04-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a look at the Lowepro Edit 100. I got mine for the K-01, but a K-r with pancake will just fit in it.

04-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Domke F8 is a great small bag, ideal for a body with lens attached.

Chris
04-13-2015, 02:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I just got the Clik elite infinity case for when I take the K-01 with a lens attached to it. Infinity Case | Accessories, Chest Carriers | Clik Elite I do think a K-R with the 40 will also fit. You should then still have little space left for an extra battery and some sd cards. But that's about it. Otherwise the sprint is a nice choice, if you don't mind a waist pack Sprint | Clearance Sale, Waist Packs | Clik Elite
04-13-2015, 04:15 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You may want to consider a holster style bag. Here is a Lowepro holster with rain cover for $20 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Toploader-Zoom-45-Black/dp/B003658PH6

Here is a website that shows you a couple hundred holster style bags. You can search by brand name by using the "By Type" drop down menu at the top of the page.

All Holsters - Cambags

Tim

04-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found one for cheaper, but I got this shoulder sling / fanny pack off ebay. I use it for my K-30 with the DA 18-135 lens attached. I can even fit in the near-pancake DA 21mm as well. So this would have plenty of room for your K-r with DA 40 and room for a lens pen, extra memory card, etc. Plus, it gives you a little extra room if you want to add another lens.
04-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for the superb replies, will definately go for one of these! What a great forum