Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Focusing screen shims (Ee-s screen) for K10D

Hello everyone,

I am looking for focusing screen shims to install Ee-s focusing screen to my old Pentax K10D.

1) From where can I buy focusing screen shims? I contacted to Pentax/Ricoh USA and they directed me to precisioncamera.com... I e-mailed but I did not get any answer...

2) How many mms of shim should I use with K10d and Ee-s screen??

Best....

04-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I bought mine from Focusing Screen and they included the shims with the order.
04-17-2015, 12:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I couldn't find anywhere that sold K10D shims, so I ended up cutting my own out of thin plastic using the stock shim as a template. I used the bottoms of disposable plastic cups of various thicknesses and eventually lucked on one that was right. I've heard of other people using shims cut from post-it notes, aluminium foil, or thin sheets of metal used by model train builders.

The actual thickness of shim needed varies from camera to camera, so there's no one-size-fits all for the K10D. It's trial and error. Mostly error.
04-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #4
hll

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I couldn't find anywhere that sold K10D shims, so I ended up cutting my own out of thin plastic using the stock shim as a template. I used the bottoms of disposable plastic cups of various thicknesses and eventually lucked on one that was right. I've heard of other people using shims cut from post-it notes, aluminium foil, or thin sheets of metal used by model train builders.

The actual thickness of shim needed varies from camera to camera, so there's no one-size-fits all for the K10D. It's trial and error. Mostly error.
well, I tried similar things for my film camera and it was a nightmare for me... I need to buy them to protect my health