Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the Black Rapid again unscrew from my camera on the weekend. Fortunately, the camera was in my hand when I felt the strap fall to my side. I shall have to thing of a better way to hold it on or just stop using it. It's has happened far too often.

05-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've ordered a RS-Sport for use with my (hopefully soon arriving) DFA150-450. The setup I'm thinking of is hanging the lens with the tripod mount attached to the strap, either with or without a camera body attached. The body would keep the normal strap (a LowePro Voyager C) so I could have it around my neck when using my other lenses, and the DFA150-450 would remain ready by my side just in case. Attaching the DFA150-450 onto a tripod would seem possible since images of the tripod mount show two screw holes, one could attach the strap and the other a QR plate? To be verified...

BTW, this setup is intended for wildlife photography walks only and specifically with the DFA150-450. For other use I will continue using my regular strap... I think...

Wim
05-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I had the Black Rapid again unscrew from my camera on the weekend. Fortunately, the camera was in my hand when I felt the strap fall to my side. I shall have to thing of a better way to hold it on or just stop using it. It's has happened far too often.
Check my earlier post and one other that show photos of tether systems. My Black Rapid has never come unscrewed, but maybe the fact that it is tethered keeps it from twisting.
05-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #34
Banned

Are you tightening the connectR enough? Finger tight won't do, I use a small screwdriver or the straight part of the hook through the hole to twist it down till it stops (about 1/4 turn past finger tight) That rubber compression washer should keep it from loosening. In 2+ years of using BR straps I've never had one loosen on me, I use the tether just as an added safety measure.

05-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Does your connection have the rubber washer? If so, are you screwing it down until the rubber washer squeezes out a little, as the instructions say?
Are you carrying it on your motorcycle, and perhaps, vibrating it loose? Just throwing out idea's. I've screwed mine in on 3 different camera bodies and none of them have yet to come loose.

---------- Post added 05-04-15 at 12:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
I have been meaning to buy a dual harness from BR to be used for events, but I am a bit hesitant because I don't want to look a like going to a combat.:P
Ha! As someone else suggested, look into the BR Yeti. It's comfortable, and you can wear it under a jacket, using the jacket to hide your cameras when they're down by your sides.
05-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #36
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
except I use the original neck strap for that. Twist it three times around my wrist, and it fits perfectly
+1 this is me too, mine are original LX straps, simple, black, thin, no logos, thats me in full stealth mode.
05-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would contact Black Rapid immediately, something is wrong with your connecter, I've never had it come loose in four and a half years, and that includes ten hour days with a Bigma attached.

05-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it has the rubber washer and yes, I tighten it up quite tightly. No, it wasn't on my bike. It was carried in my Crumpler in the car (I was at a bike museum )
05-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, it has the rubber washer and yes, I tighten it up quite tightly. No, it wasn't on my bike. It was carried in my Crumpler in the car (I was at a bike museum )
Then, I'd go with post #37 and contact BR about the connector.