Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by disord3r Quote
Awesome, I think that'll do perfectly. I could carry the body with an attached lens at the bottom, flanked by primes on either side if I ever decided to roll out with three lenses. If I could scrounge up a smaller one of those padded dividers, I could create a space at the middle top for accessories, a larger lens, etc.

Thanks!
It holds both my SMC F 70-210 and SMC F 35-70 but its a tight fit ! Don't miss the rear pocket....its got an expandable zipper.
If I was taking SMC A or K primes it will barely accommodate three + Batteries+ accessories + phone + a couple snacks......but tight compact fit.

05-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #17

Original Poster
I did end up getting the PD-MBP ILC, btw. I managed to find a configuration that works pretty well after playing with the dividers for a while. I can carry the two primes in the bag and then stow the body with an attached zoom, but I don't think I could stow it with a prime and still be able to fit the zoom inside the bag anywhere. Plus, it's a bit tight in there. I have a feeling the hoods on the zooms will experience some stress, but I just have to be careful not to break anything plastic.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LG-D725  Photo 
05-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm a fan of the phrase "less is more." I already had a bag I liked and invested in. I thought "why not turn this into a modular system where I can use it as a camera bag when needed and a regular bag when not needed." As mentioned I turned to finding an insert. I bought one on ebay for $5 with free shipping. There are all kinds of size and colour options. I use a maxpedition Sitka with a padded insert. I also use a peak design camera clip on the sling strap. Works fine for me. The bag also has molle webbing for attaching all kinds of things if the need arises. AND it doesn't look like a camera bag. The only downside I've experienced is that I tend to catch the rubber on the 1.2 x eyecup on my K3 with grip and its been damaged a little. Still works fine though.
05-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Actually a nice bag at a reasonable price is the Canon Backpack.

I would have bought it, but it was a little small for my big (XXL) body. I think will fit normal normal folks.