Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
You're most welcome! I hope you can find something that fits your needs. I like how they define the extent of waterproofing of their products.
YES ! I see ALL the backpacks are rated at 3 being the highest , except for the Hydration Packs that are a 5 but too small.
I see lots of options to pack small and light with a variety of what seems like affordable bags. Much better than a bunch of Zip-Locks for sure.
Prices are pretty good too.

05-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This Koenig does interest me , but trying to get more info.....I have a feeling its way out of my budget. I would try this complete setup in a split second.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-02-2017 at 03:05 PM.
05-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Pelican replaced the case promptly and I have not tried the new one yet and probably wont on this trip.
You could test it before leaving.
05-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You could test it before leaving.
I did in the bathtub and it was fine. I may end up using it along with a large Dry Bag inside but just weighing all my alternatives. Right now nothing is working out real good and Im frustrated trying to get a compact arrangement all worked out. Im thinking nothing is really 100% perfect for protecting a camera from drowning.

05-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't usually get quite that wet, but when I need to have another pack for survival and might get pretty wet (backpacking, rafting) I use a small roll top windowed OR dry bag with some of those Velcro pads from an old camera bag stuck together in it. It keeps things dry but it's not fast to get in and out of. It's also not "bombproof" but it is a lot lighter than something that would be.

---------- Post added 05-07-15 at 02:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Don't know about bomb proof; but for waterproof, check out this site. Maybe they have something that would work for you. Read about their classifications of waterproof. I'd think you'd want #3 or #4.

Sorry about the missing link! Here it is:

Waterproof Bags
Those do look nice!
05-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Those do look nice!
Its not perfect as far as what I was hoping for , But I think this is small enough that its useable in spite of it being another pack. I ordered one and its all I could find anywhere with a 14' Submersion and a Rating of 5 ! For a little over $50 Im giving it a shot.
Was wanting a 100% waterproof cell with lashing Points so I could simply attach it to my pack , but this is small enough to improvise if needed and I sure can use it alot later as a stand alone small daypack.
I plan on taking a larger pack now to Hellsgate for 5 days and this will fit perfect in the Board holder.
Im going to put this little bag to the ultimate test and report back with a review........ http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/m50103.html
PS....still taking a Sil-Lite drybag and a few gallon Zippy's....just in case......lol

---------- Post added 05-08-15 at 08:09 AM ----------

Here is just a tidbit of Hellsgate.....its about 22 miles the way I went last time one way. This isn't me or any of my friends but shows a bit of the swimming......there is ALOT more than shown.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-02-2017 at 03:05 PM.
05-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks pretty wet! Pack looks interesting.
08-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any update on this search for the perfect waterproof bag/pack? I'm not going to put my equipment through Hellsgate, but it might need to go through whitewater rafting or other such trying activities.