Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
Forum Member

Blackrapid and camera clip

Hi All, i have been a black rapid user for a while and i love they're system, i recently bought a capture camera clip and i also like it but i was wondering if there is screw fittings (both mount to the tripod socket) that would allow me to use both at the same time? thanks in advance.

05-31-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Banned

Perhaps the Joby Ultra Plate or Ultra Plate 208 would work?

JOBY UltraPlate Quick Release Plate for DLSRs
05-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm not sure it would. I was thinking something along the lines of this.

BlackRapid FastenR Tripod (FR-T1)

I'm not sure if it would work though.
05-31-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Each of my Pentax cameras has a Manfrotto RC2 plate attached to it with the BlackRapid FastenR fastener modification so that I can use the BlackRapid shoulder and wrist straps interchangeably with my tripods without having to unscrew anything. This approach works well.

According to the web site https://photographylife.com/reviews/capture-clip-pro-vs-spiderpro-camera-holster: "The Capture Clip Pro is small, light and has mounting plates that are ARCA and Manfrotto RC/2 compatible, just be sure you know which plate you need when you buy it."

I can't say if the RC2 compatible plate supplied with the Capture Clip Pro would work with the BlackRapid FastenR fastener because I don't have the former. You would have to try the combination. Or, perhaps, an actual Manfrotto plate, with the BlackRapid modification, would work with the Capture Clip Pro.

05-31-2015, 10:58 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nfraser Quote
Hi All, i have been a black rapid user for a while and i love they're system, i recently bought a capture camera clip and i also like it but i was wondering if there is screw fittings (both mount to the tripod socket) that would allow me to use both at the same time? thanks in advance.
I have the capture clip with the arcaplate. The arcaplate has a d-ring screw which attaches to my BlackRapid strap. It works if by sametime you don't mean having the strap attached to the camera while attached to the tripod. The arcaplate is being discontinued.
06-02-2015, 02:13 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi again, I finally sorted out the problem. What you need is the pro drive camera connection screw from Peak. Then you need to remove the rubber part (it's not glued or anything) and its works brilliantly. It's the same d ring as used to be in with the arcaplate. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.