Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
Pentaxian

FluCard O-FC1 and shutter release delay

Can FluCard + K3 be used in 3 (or 2) seccond delay mode?

I'm sorry if the info is available somewhere else. I did a search but couldn't find anything specific.

06-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe it only works in single drive setting
06-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

why do you need the delay? If it's for pictures that you may be in, a simple ir remote (or remote app for your mobile phone) would work beautifully. I normally only use the 3 second delay for removing tripod shake, in which case that's not present with the flu card.
06-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just tried 2s delay and multi exposure ln shooting mode through Flucard remote both rejected. A box comes up and tells you to revert to single frame shooting so I assume that single frame shooting is the only shooting mode you can use in Flucard remote. On the other hand all settings on the mode wheel are usable in Flucard remote.

06-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

Just removed the Flu Card from B&H shopping cart. The K-3 is still in, however.
06-03-2015, 05:59 AM   #6

Flucard allow wireless downloading?

Hey, while you're talking about Flucards . . .

Can you empty the card through the wi-fi connection so you don't have to plug it in?

I got one of those Toshiba flash wi-fi cards and it doesn't allow it (easily).

Or are Eye-fi cards the only ones that allow it? I don't need their "auto-download" software, just a way I can connect to the camera as a drive over a wi-fi network.
06-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #7

If you are able to write some simple JavaScript code, the code may issue the following HTTP request in some seconds after you click a shutter button on the browser:

"http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/host_operation?action=shutter&seq=00001422"

Or you may request the people hacking Flucard to develop a web app:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/295676...gineering.html
06-11-2015, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I just received my new K-3 II a day ago, and to my surprise it included a FluCard.

I had been thinking about this JavaScript thing for quite a while, even when reading the original K-3/FluCard reviews shortly after they came out, because it always struck me as a fairly serious deficiency that it can't execute a timed shutter release when in remote mode. One primary use case of the FluCard is family photos, where in the past I would have to run back and forth repeatedly between the pose and the camera to check composition until I had a satisfactory shot with no closed eyes, squints, chopped-off heads, or other defects. Now all of these shots will go more smoothly, but they will show me gripping my phone and poking a button. That's not much of an improvement.

So anyway, I threw together a quick-and-dirty bookmarklet last night, and it seems to work fine. On my iPhone I set this up in my "Favorites" group, so when you click on the URL bar in the browser an icon will show up for it. Basically I can click the icon and a shot will be taken five seconds later.

So you use it like this: Use the FluCard in the remote mode: use Live View to frame the shot, do the autofocus and whatever else you need. Then click on this saved bookmarklet in the browser. That's it. Five seconds later it will take a shot.

This is standard JavaScript so it will probably work in other browsers too. Here it is: (LINK REMOVED BECAUSE IT DIDN'T WORK) - just bookmark this in the browser on your mobile device.

And here's the code for the bookmarklet in case the above gets scrambled by the forum (likely!):
Code:
javascript:(function()%7BsetTimeout(function()%7Bwindow.location='http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/host_operation?action=shutter&seq=00001422';%7D,5000);%7D)();
It's not perfect. After each shot you'll need to hit "back" in the browser and reload to get the FluCard interface running again. I haven't had time yet to do any html/css snooping so for this first draft I just hit the link K-3-lover provided above. Probably it would work better to simulate a click on the shutter button than to try to load that cgi script as a page, and I'll look into fixing that later.

Also it would be nice if it counted down the seconds by beeping or something along those lines. Maybe later!

Last edited by Quicksand; 06-15-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Removed direct link to bookmarklet because the forum modified it
06-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, Quicksand.

I haven't bought the FluCard yet but will definitely give it a try. I have an RF remote control for the camera but if the FluCard works as you described, there's one less thing (consisting of several items: batteries, transmitter, receiver) I have to worry about.

You're just across the bay from me. If I can't make it to work, I'll send you a text message and you can hit the button on your iPhone for me
06-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

ah that is a cool script! I'll try it out this week. That would eliminate my need for line if sight communication for ir triggering.
06-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I see the link I tried to embed is broken, unsurprisingly, so I will remove it. I think the forum software is trying to automatically prevent potentially hostile JavaScript from being run by unsuspecting link-clickers, so I can't really blame it.

So please cut-and-paste the text that's in the "Code" block (i.e. "javascript: ... ();") and use that as your URL field in a bookmark/favorite.

On iOS Safari I don't think there's a straightforward way to make a custom bookmark, so bookmark any ol' thing into your Favorites folder, then edit that bookmark by doing a press-and-hold on the bookmark you just made, then paste the text of that URL into the "Address" field.
06-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #12
Pentaxian

After poking around in the card's HTML and JavaScript for a while I can now offer a much-improved version -- instead of trying to load the URL that activates the capture cgi-bin program (with a bogus sequence number attached, which that approach seems to require), this new version simply calls the JavaScript function that is executed when you press the capture button on the GUI. So it's just like waiting then pressing the button. This one works nicely with no funky side effects (so far) -- no need to hit the back button or reload. It's shorter too:

Code:
javascript:(function(){setTimeout(function(){captureTouchHandlerShutterButton();},5000);})();
This one has a five-second delay. You can change it to whatever you want; just change the "5000" in the code above to the desired number of milliseconds.

Last edited by Quicksand; 08-13-2015 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Typo in the javascript!
06-16-2015, 06:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member

well, this is next on my list to try out. Sorry for the thread jack, OP, but this is a pretty cool development.
08-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-3-lover Quote
"http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/host_operation?action=shutter&seq=00001422"
Can someone explain what is that seq=00001422 means?

Thanks.
08-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #15
Forum Member

Nevermind, I already got all the commands how flucard control Pentax DSLR. Thanks.