Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 07:21 AM   #1

K100D and Nikon compatibility

Hi!
I just bought a K100D super kit with the 18-55 lens. Previously i shot only film with a Nikon F90x and this is my first DSLR. I am wondering if i can use some of my Nikon equipment on it.
I have a SB-25 Flash will it work on the K100D? Obviously it wont do TLL but i use it manual or auto anyway. Will it do that? I mean is it safe or i will burn the camera?
Also are there any nikon F to K mount adapters so that i can use my old lenses?
Thanks

06-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Alex, welcome to the forum.

You'll have no problems using the SB-25 in Auto or Manual mode with your K100D.

As for the lenses, I have heard (from folk here on the forum) that they've mounted non AI (and some AI) lenses on their K mount bodies, but I don't know if it's possible to mount anything more modern. The registration distance for the F mount is apx. 1mm longer than K mount, so an adapter/shim is possible, but I'm not aware that any such adapters exist. Better wait for more information on that front.
06-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #3

Nikkor on K10D/K20D

Hi Alex, folks! how's it going?

Welcome to the forum! I don't have a k100, but I've been using a Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 with a K10D & a k20D without any problem!

Of course, I can't use the "eletronics", but I can stop down by using the aperture ring!

It ** won't ** lock, but if I'm careful enough, it won't fall off either... there's no need to use an adapter.

Since it's "heavy" I wouldn't hold the camera through the strap anyways!

Picasa Web Albums - Ed - Nikkor 80-200...

I've posted a few shots here...

Oh, regarding flashes, I wouldn't use them on the hot shoe, BUT it works perfectly off camera...

I use SB26s with Pulsar from Bowens, a radio trigger, and they work like a charm!

Regards,
Ed
06-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The past days have been full of weird combos - Ltd. lenses on a 5D, now a fast Nikkor zoom on a Pentax body.

I'm waiting for sample shots of a Canon lens on a Holga body.

06-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi! Thanks for the replies.
I didn't had that much time to play with the camera so far due to exams but i like what i've seen so far. I tried out the flash eventually and it does work with no problem on A and M mode. Its in my plans to get a pentax compatible flash but at a later point. I am also getting a hot shoe adaptor to pc as there is no PC exit on the K100D (???) to connect the flash off camera.

I have been hearing a lot that adaptors that will free the use of nikon f lenses on the pentax sould exist but i have yet to see anyone yet. Could maybe a double adaptor work? I mean a nikon f to M42 and then a M42 to K mount. Would that allow infinity focus?
06-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Alex,
Most of them will mount and focus at infinity, even the AI versions. Here is a link to a post that I made on this subject.

Dave

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/29061-uv-filters-g...tml#post262517

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexTheodin Quote
Hi!
I just bought a K100D super kit with the 18-55 lens. Previously i shot only film with a Nikon F90x and this is my first DSLR. I am wondering if i can use some of my Nikon equipment on it.
I have a SB-25 Flash will it work on the K100D? Obviously it wont do TLL but i use it manual or auto anyway. Will it do that? I mean is it safe or i will burn the camera?
Also are there any nikon F to K mount adapters so that i can use my old lenses?
Thanks